How To Write an eBook From Start To Finish: A Guide
What Is An eBook?
An eBook is a non-editable digitally released version of a book consisting of text and images. eBooks come in a format that allows you to read on an electronic device.
Ebooks provide a great opportunity to provide your target audience with detailed insights on your area of expertise. Therefore, businesses can release eBooks as a way of enhancing brand reputation and generating qualified leads.
In this post, we will talk about eBooks and the benefits of incorporating eBooks into your brand marketing strategy.
eBook Key Takeaways
- eBooks should always be converted into a format that ensures it is non-editable
- eBooks have become effective and influential tools in marketing
- eBooks can be a good way to grow your email list.
How Do eBooks Works?
eBooks feature useful content on any topic and are often written by subject matter experts. Therefore, business owners write eBooks to explain to their readers important aspects of the industry.
In that regard, eBooks can be an effective tool when it comes to establishing brand trust and credibility.
Here are some great reasons to start using eBooks as a marketing tool.
- Creates a win-win situation: brands provide access to eBooks Given in exchange for customers contacts.
- Transfers important knowledge to customers and prospects: Brands publish important information in eBooks
- Shareable content: Your audience can share eBooks with their networks easily
- Enables brands to build customers trust: A well-crafted eBook helps brands target audiences by covering complex topics in-depth, and hence creating brand trust.
- Establish expertise and authority: Sharing valuable and potential information with customers establishes you as a subject matter expert, hence creating authority.
- An advertising tool: eBooks highlight how your company overcomes common challenges through creativity.
Overall, eBooks play a significant role in the marketing process. Therefore, brands must ensure quality, education, and accessibility.
Examples Of Brands That Attained Success Through Use Of eBooks As A Marketing Strategy
Here are great examples of brands using eBooks as a digital marketing strategy
1. How Search Engine Journal Uses eBooks to Educate Target Readers
Search Engine Journal is one of the brands that use eBooks to establish authority around matters to do with SEO.
In this example, the team at SEJ dove headfirst into the concept of link building, covering the topic from every angle and providing readers informative insights.
The 60+ pages eBook covered the topic of link building comprehensively. This communicates to the reader that indeed, the author is a subject matter expert.
It is safe to say that readers would subscribe to receive subsequent updates from the author. That way, SEJ grew its emailing list, by targeting a highly relevant audience.
2. How Salesforce uses eBook As a Lead Magnet
An informative eBook can be a great lead generation tool. This is because readers are excited to find out the insights especially when you have established your brand as an authority in the industry.
Salesforce is known for its mastery of customer service. Thus, for Salesforce, writing an eBook on matters to do with customer service, would attract readership, and generate potential leads.
To maximize the opportunity, Salesforce decided to ask prospects to signup, in order to access the eBook. In essence, Salesforce is using the eBook as a lead magnet.
The signup form is designed in a manner that they can qualify the leads, based on the submitted details.
From this example, we can learn that an eBook can be a great lead magnet. Therefore, create your eBook, and use it to generate leads just like Salesforce is doing.
How To Write An eBook
- Choose a topic that matches the interest and needs of your audience
- Outline each chapter of the eBook
- Break down each chapter as you write
- Design your eBook
- Use the right colors
- Incorporate visuals into your eBook
- Highlight quotes and statistics
- Place appropriate calls-to-action with the eBook
- Convert the document into a PDF
- Create a dedicated landing page for your eBook
- Promote the eBook and track success
- use eBook creation applications
Best eBook Writing Apps
Writing a highly converting eBook can be an overwhelming task. To ensure a smooth experience and deliver high-quality work, consider using eBook creation apps. Here are some suggestions:
- Kitaboo: Award-winning cloud-based digital publishing platform to create, publish and securely deliver multimedia-enhanced interactive ebooks.
- FlipBuilder: An ebook creator that converts PDF into Media Rich eBooks with a flipbook style
- Blurb: An ebook publishing software capable of assisting throughout the publishing and distribution process
- Pressbooks: Offers ePublishing solution to educational institutions, authors and self-publishers
- FlipHTML5: HTML5 digital publishing platform
Award-winning cloud-based digital publishing platform to create, publish and securely deliver multimedia-enhanced interactive ebooks.
- Pricing: Paid
- Twitter: @KitabooTweets
- Website: https://kitaboo.com/
An ebook creator that converts PDF into Media Rich eBooks with a flipbook style
- Pricing: Paid
- Twitter: @FlipBuilder
- Website: https://www.flipbuilder.com/
An ebook publishing software capable of assisting throughout the publishing and distribution process
- Website: https://www.blurb.com/
Offers epublishing solution to educational institutions, authors and self-publishers
- Pricing: Free
- Twitter: @pressbooks
- Website: https://pressbooks.com/
HTML5 digital publishing platform
- Pricing: Freemium
- Twitter: @fliphtml5
- Website: https://fliphtml5.com/
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.
Collect and analyze feedback with Delighted, the self-serve experience management platform of choice for thousands of the world’s top brands.
Choose from 8 ready-made survey templates including: Net Promoter Score, Product Market Fit, Smileys, Thumbs Up/Down, 5 Stars, and more.
And 5 survey delivery methods: email, web, link, kiosk, and iOS.
Sign up now and start collecting feedback for free.