Learn how thousands of people are earning up to $2.5M/month online.
Jaw-dropping pictures aren't the only way to generate social media engagement.
Instagram captions, while frequently overlooked, are a powerful tool that may make or break your post.
Some businesses continue to put much too much emphasis on Instagram photos rather than captions.
Great Instagram captions have the power to offer even more insight to the post, potentially boosting engagement, bio visits, and click-throughs.
In this article, we've provided you with 340 Instagram caption ideas for your Cake Business. Additionally, we walk you through the 5 easy-to-follow tips on how to create a great Instagram caption.
Here they are:
Cute Cake Caption Ideas & Quotes
- The only thing we throwback on Thursdays is a cupcake.
- I want to be the girl with the most cake. — Hole, Doll Parts
- Eggs are in chocolate cake. And milk. Oh, and wheat! So nutritious!
- There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.
- America is an enormous frosted cupcake in the middle of millions of starving people. – Gloria Steinem
- Cake doesn’t ask silly questions. Cake understands.
- Happiness is knowing there’s cake in the oven.
- You will never see an unhappy person holding a cupcake.
- Man cannot live on bread alone, so they made cake.
- Because every cake has a story to tell.
- Pick up all the broken shards of your life and bake them into a delicious cake.
- Dream as if you’ll live forever, eat Cupcakes as if you’ll die today. – Unknown Author
- From the first glance to the last bite, I love the whole you.
- Birthdays are nature‘s way of telling us to eat more cake.
- There is nothing a cupcake can’t solve.
- Page one is a diet, page two is a chocolate cake. It’s a no-win situation.- Kim Williams
- You can’t be unhappy when you’re holding a cupcake.
- Keep calm and eat all the frosting.
- Life is full of questions, cupcakes are the answer.
- I’m not on a diet. And it’s funny cause people go ‘Well, then why do you drink diet soda?’ So I can eat regular cake.- Gabriel Iglesias
- I want a good body, but not as much as I want cake.
- My stomach has a separate compartment for cake.
- If at first, you don’t succeed, eat a cupcake! – Marie Williams Johnstone
- Desserts are all the sweeter when shared with loving companions.
- Without dreams, one would be no greater than a cake with no icing.
- Remember, you don’t need to justify eating a whole cake to anyone.
- White grapes are very attractive but when it comes to dessert people generally like cake with icing.- Fran Lebowitz
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
- Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty.
- Cups and cakes? Oh, what a splendid creation!
- Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s about the memories.
- If it were easy to resist, it would not be called chocolate cake.- Maryrose Wood
- Good cake isn’t cheap and cheap cake isn’t good.
- No day is so bad it can’t be fixed with a slice of cake.
- We’re encouraging them to bring healthy snacks, but when a parent comes up with a tray of sweets, I’m not going to turn them away. I don’t want to be the cupcake killer. – John Young
- Merely staring at cake is putting pounds on me.
- TLC should stand for Toddlers, Lunatics, and Cake.- Natasha Leggero
- If you’re going to lick the icing off somebody else’s cake you won’t be nourished and it won’t do you any good, or you might find the cake had caraway seeds and you hate them.- Emily Carr
- All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much. — The Beatles, It’s All Too Much
- I like to serve chocolate cake because it doesn’t show the dirt.- Phyllis Diller
- Every unique individual deserves an equally special cake.
- If you look over the years, the styles have changed- the clothes, the hair, the production, the approach to the songs. The icing to the cake has changed flavors. But if you really look at the cake itself, it’s really the same.- John Oates
- My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.- Dave Barry
- Cake is happiness in a tangible and edible form.
- The heavier you are, the more difficult it is for anyone to kidnap you. So, stay safe, and eat cake!
- Keeping a cake fresh and moist is super easy! You just have to eat it in one sitting.
- Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.
- Happiness is eating leftover birthday cake.
- We have always said that advertising is just the icing on the cake. It is not the cake.- Meg Whitman
- If you know the way of the cake, then you know that way of happiness.
- Begin each day like it’s your birthday.
- Birthdays are nature’s way of giving us cake.
- When life gives you lemons, make a lemon layer cake with lemon cream cheese buttercream!
- Sprinkle joy every now and then and it will eventually come back to you.
- Chocolate cake has eggs in it, which is perfectly good for breakfast.
- Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I wanted a cupcake, I did not have one. – David Grayson
- Stories aren’t the icing on the cake; they are the cake!- Peter Guber
- When you look at a cupcake, you’ve got to smile. – Anne Byrn
- Do not touch my cake! Violators will be covered in sprinkles.
- Like a layer cake, life has its ups and downs. However, whether you frost it up or style it with all sorts of toppings and decorations is all up to you.
- Always carry a knife with you. Sometimes, cake appears without any warning.
- I can’t eat another slice of cake, said no one ever.
- Obsessive doesn’t even begin to describe my love for cake. I’ll even fight little children if I have to.
- Muffins are just ugly cupcakes. – Unknown Author
- Well, that’s real swell, but it still doesn’t get the cream in the cupcake. – Samantha from Sex and the City
- I’m wearing an outfit that looks just like a cupcake . . . a pink frothy blouse, low cut . . . everything a little inappropriately girlie . . . Pink, pink, lot of pink. – Jennifer Tilly
- I have abs-olutely no control when it comes to cake.
- Good cake isn’t cheap, cheap cake isn’t good.
- Happiness is knowing there is cake in the oven.
- The only thing better than a cake is ice cream cake. Still cake.
- Just another sweet moment in life.
- Cake will always be the answer. The question is irrelevant.
- For that photo of you eating chocolate cake for breakfast:
- Cake is the answer. Who cares what the question is?
- Romance is the icing in the game of love.
- If the theory turns out to be right, that will be tremendously thick and tasty icing on the cake.- Brian Greene
- This moment is so emotional. Even the cake is in tiers.
- Happiness is when you’re having a bad day and it suddenly rains cupcakes.
- Defender of delectable treats.
- Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.
- Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people. — Audrey Hepburn
- I didn’t seek out the cake. The cake came to me.
- Keep a fork with you at all times, just in case cake happens.
Short Cake Caption Ideas & Quotes
- I want more cake.
- Good things come to those who bake.
- Forget the fork, and dig right in.
- Think outside the cake box.
- Perfection by confection.
- Enjoy life and eat cake.
- It’s all about the cupcakes.
- When in doubt, eat a cake.
- Topped with a smile.
- Having cake and eating it too.
- Life‘s too short to say no to a birthday cake.
- How do I like my eggs? Umm, in a cake.
- Where there is cake, there is hope.
- Sweetest slice of paradise.
- Cupcakes take the cake.
- Icing for joy when I see cake.
- Let them eat cake!
- When there’s cake, I can’t help but smile.
- Cake me away.
- Fresh out of the oven.
- Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.
- Cake back and relax.
- A bite of deliciousness.
- Delicious dipped in beauty
- Try it once, and forget the rest!
- Can’t eat just one.
- Life is short, so make it sweet.
- There’s always room for cake.
- Don’t sweet the small stuff.
- Frost, frost, baby.
- Calories? I think you mean delicious points.
- O.C.D.—Obsessive Cupcake Disorder.
- Batter-flies in my stomach.
- If the cake fits, eat it!
- Never say no to cake.
- Taking pleasure to the next level.
- Be good for goodness cake!
- Life is short, eat the cake.
- I never met a cupcake I didn’t like.
- The best things in life are sweet
- Slice, slice, baby.
- Got cake? ‘Cause I can hook you up.
- Will work for cupcakes.
- Count the memories, not the calories.
- Birthday cake calories don’t count.
- Treat yourself.
- Eat a cupcake, then eat another.
- A ready-to-eat slice of heaven.
- Sugarcoating everything is my specialty.
- You‘re the icing on my birthday cake.
- A little bliss in every bite.
- Cake is easy.
- I love thick and tasty icing!
- Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice.
- A smile with a frosting on it.
- Photographing a cake can be art.
- Eat well, be happy.
- It’s cake o’ clock!
- Happiness starts here.
- Treat yourself
- Seduced by sweetness.
- Do you even sift?
- Delicious to the last piece.
- Made just for me.
- Cake is always a great idea.
- Keep calm and eat cake.
- Love at first bite.
- All is fair in love and cupcakes.
- Love is a batterfield.
- Did someone say Cake?
- Make cupcakes NOT war!
- Tastes as good as it looks.
- This is a cake, not a pun-cake.
- Live. Love. Cake
- Happiness is home-baked!
- Made with love.
- You bake me go crazy.
- Unspeakably delicious!
- If in doubt make cupcakes
- Believe in cupcakes
- Sweet as a kiss.
- How do I like my eggs? In a cake, duh.
- Don’t be sad, just eat some cake.
- One slice is never enough!
- My sweet tooth is tingling.
Cool Cake Caption Ideas & Quotes
- Cake is always a good idea.
- Good cake isn’t cheap, a cheap cake isn’t good.
- Cake is my therapy.
- Chocolate cake is the bomb!
- Whatever sprinkles your cupcake!
- Keep calm and eat a cupcake!
- Cake is my happy place.
- Alive and cake-ing.
- Home is where the cake is.
- Love has four letters, and so does cake.
- This is just too beautiful to eat!
- I can’t cake my eyes off you.
- Where there is cake, there’s hope.
- Forget the fork and dig right in!
- Love is the frosting of life.
- What a heavenly delight!
- Let them eat cake.
- If there’s no chocolate in Heaven, I’m not going.
- A midsummer ice cream cake.
- Cake is the breakfast of champions.
- I’ll take another slice of that.
- I never met a cupcake I didn’t like
- If there’s a whisk, there’s a way.
- I left my heart with the cake.
- If the cake fits, eat it!- Gordon Korman
- Romance is the icing but love is the cake.
- Cupcakes are frosted happiness
- Friendship is sharing a sweet cupcake.
- Count the memories—not the calories.
- Happiness is knowing there‘s cake later.
- It’s cake time.
- You’re the frosting to my cupcake.
- I’m here for the cupcakes.
- There is nothing that a cupcake can’t solve
- Let us celebrate our love with cake.
- Live the sweet life!
- Heaven is just a cupcake away.
- It’s cupcake o’clock.
- Got cake? Because I can hook you up.
- Cupcakes make me happy
- Eat cake for breakfast!
- Baked just right.
- Eat, sleep, and stay happy.
- You want a piece of me?
- Ah, my butter half.
- Bakers make the world smell better.
- It‘s someone‘s birthday somewhere.
- It’s all about the buttercream!
- You can’t arrest me. I’m the Cake Boss.
- Cake: the breakfast of champions.
- Flour power!
- Certified cake-aholic!
- I like big bundts and I cannot lie.
- Sometimes you just need cake.
- Crazy for cakes!
- Freshly baked, heavenly caked.
- What an egg-cellent dessert!
- So what if it’s not my birthday?
- Life is better with sprinkles on top.
- Bring on the cake!
- Cake is a very beautiful thing.
- All good things mousse come to an end.
- Batter late than never.
- No occasion is ever complete without a cake.
- Sinful and indulgent.
- Forget the calories and just be happy.
- A birthday can never have too much cake.
- Life is fun, eat it up.
- I'll take another slice of that.
- Life is short but certainly sweet.
- Eat a whole cake? Piece of cake!
- Bake the world a batter place.
- Life is what you bake of it.
- For goodness sake, eat some cake!
- When fun meets yum.
- Stuffing my face with frosting.
- Don’t be afraid to take whisks.
- You are the icing on my cupcake
- What makes life so sweet? Cupcakes to eat and someone to love. – Marie Williams Johnstone
- All you need is love. But a cupcake would also be nice.
- Every day is an opportunity to celebrate.
- I eat cake because it’s somebody’s birthday somewhere.
- Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people.
- Put eat cake on top of your to-do list today and you’re sure to get at least one task done.
- If you bake a cake, the world has one more cake.
Funny Cake Caption Ideas & Quotes
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to at more cake.
- A party without cake is just a meeting. — Julia Child
- When life goes awry, having a piece of cake is the way to go about it.
- There’s nothing a cupcake and coffee can’t solve. – Marie Williams Johnstone
- If life was a piece of cake, it wouldn’t be worth eating!- Christopher Jones
- My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it.
- Friends are like cupcakes in my pantry of memories. – Unknown Author
- I want blood, guts, and chocolate cake.- Marina and the Diamonds
- Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.
- My favorite food actually is chocolate cake. I need to have a slice of chocolate cake every single day, without fail.
- A party without cake is just a meeting.
- A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
- Some things just require cake to be solved.
- I got me a fine wife and I got me old fiddle when the sun’s coming up. I got cakes on the griddle. And life ain’t nothing, but a funny, funny riddle.- John Denver
- When stressed and in doubt, cupcake it out.
- A cupcake a day, keeps the tummy rumbles away. – Unknown Author
- If we are what we eat, then I’m awfully sweet.
- If eating cake is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.
- Cut my cake into pieces. This is my last re-torte.
- The icing on the cake is when other people enjoy your vision and support what you do.- Cise Star
- Celebration is life’s frosting: isn’t frosting the very best part of the cake?- Bethenny Frankel
- Even I would be in tiers if anyone toppled my cake.
- Spread love as thick as whipped cream.
- Divide into multiple slices and conquer!
- I miss my cupcake/Where has it gone/I wish it were here/at the wave of my wand… – Unknown Author
- A bad day with cake is better than a good day without it.
- When you frost a cupcake, you spread the love. – Unknown Author
- Love is when you have a mouth-watering slice of cake, and it's the very last piece, but you let your loved ones have it.
- Truly, the best things in life are sweet.
- If there’s a cake in front of you, then you shouldn’t look any further for joy!
- If I don’t have some cake soon, I might die.
- Why do I drink diet soda? It’s so I can eat cake later.
- There’s nothing better than cake but more cake.
- If eating cake is wrong, I don’t want to be right. — Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
- Chocolate says ‘I’m sorry’ so much better than words.
- Look upon the world like it’s a gigantic birthday cake. Take a piece, but don’t take too much.
- I’m so happy to have all my friends around, that I’m in tiers.
- In the buffet of life, friends are the dessert. – Unknown Author
- A balanced diet is having a cupcake in each hand.
- I’m not a cake addict! I’m just a little clingy to it.
- Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed. Cupcakes make it worthwhile. – Unknown Author
- A meal without a cupcake is like a day without sunshine. – Unknown Author
- Coffee and chocolate—the inventor of mocha should be sainted.
- A balanced diet is having a piece of cake in each hand.
- I’m going to go out and play really hard. If I have another win, it will be icing on the cake. But I don’t take anything for granted.- Vijay Singh
- When life goes awry, have a piece of cake.
- Writing is like baking cupcakes, you’re trying to make something from the raw. Like with cupcakes, it’s flour and eggs and stuff, and with books, it’s ideas and words. The end result is the same though, you want people to eat them up. – Emma Shortt
- Art without emotion it’s like chocolate cake without sugar. It makes you gag.- Laurie Halse Anderson
- A slice of my life is but a piece of cake.
- Eating cake every day is totally acceptable and justifiable. After all, it’s somebody's birthday somewhere in the world.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late. Eat that slice of cake!
- Merriment is cakes, cupcakes, and even more cakes.
- What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.
- There’s nothing better than cake but more cake.- Harry S. Truman
- The smell of a freshly baked cake awakens my soul.
- One bite and you’ll overrule all objections.
- If we are what we eat, well, I am pretty sweet.
- Cupcakes are sweet, and even sweeter when shared. – Marie Williams Johnstone
- Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.
- Without icing, it’s just bread. I don’t like bread.
- Cake is for life, not just for birthdays!
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.- Charles M. Schulz
- I am not a strict vegan, because I’m a hedonist pig. If I see a big chocolate cake that is made with eggs, I’ll have it.- Grace Slick
- It’s been an emotional day, even the cake is in tiers.
- Nothing in this world is better than cake but more cake.
- There’s absolutely nothing cake can’t solve.
- Friendship is a sweet blessing. – Unknown Author
- Cake never asks me dumb questions. Cake understands.
- Two things do me in: one’s chocolate cake, the other’s hypocrisy.- Roseanne Barr
- Motherhood is an amazing feeling, and if you get to relive those special moments while working, it works as an icing on the cake.- Kajol
- Life’s too short to say no to cake.
- Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not.
- You think I won’t eat this cake? Fat chance!
- Some only dream of cake. Others bake it happen.
- My OCD (Obsessive Cake Disorder) is getting out of control!
- Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world’s perfect food.
- Writing or making anything- a poem, a bird feeder, a chocolate cake- has self-respect in it. – Sharon Olds
- When you share a cupcake, you share love. – Unknown Author
- Having a balanced diet means having a piece of cake in both hands.
- If I was turned into cake, I would eat myself before anyone else could.
- Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.- Audrey Hepburn
- Cupcakes are muffins that believe in miracles.
- Stressed spelled backward is desserts. Coincidence? I think not.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy cupcakes. And that’s kind of the same thing.
- Come to the dark side. We have cupcakes.
5 Tips For Creating A Great Instagram Caption
1. Write several drafts first
Make at least three different Instagram caption drafts.
This will allow you to edit, proofread, and compare your captions side by side to see which one has the most effect.
Your first draft will almost never be selected as the best option, which is why you should set aside enough time to write several.
2. Front-load the most important information
The 2,200-characters limit for Instagram captions is mostly a formality. However, it's worth noting that ig captions are cut off in users’ feeds to around 140 characters.
This doesn't mean you must make your insta captions extremely short so people can see everything without clicking "more."
Instead, frontload your captions with the most important sentence or calls-to-action, and save any @mentions, hashtags, or other unimportant information for the end.
3. Include a strong call to action
The most effective way to maximize the possibility for your Instagram post to get shared and improve engagement is to include a call to action in the captions.
Instead of passively scrolling through, you should use action verbs to encourage people to take action.
Here are some exåmples:
- Visit the link in bio to learn more
- Share your experience in the comments
- Enter by liking this photo and signing up for our monthly newsletter
A hashtag on Instagram works the same way it does on Twitter and Facebook: it unites the conversations of many users into a single stream.
Anyone who searches for that hashtag on Instagram may see your Insta post if your account is public.
However, you should use hashtags sparingly. As a means to get more followers, some Instagram users add a string of searchable hashtags.
Too many hashtags can come off spammy to your existing followers. Limit yourself to three or four hashtags at most.
5. Use emojis and have fun with them.
Add some emojis to spice up your insta captions and make them more appealing.
Emojis added at the end of sentences or paragraphs may act as "bookends," visually breaking up long strings of text.
You can also use emojis to encourage readers to take action, such as clicking the link in the bio.
If you're going to use emojis, make sure they match your tone of voice and identity. You don't want to use too many emojis at once, particularly in the same caption.
Good Instagram captions take your content to new heights.
Remember not to rush your copywriting and to evaluate the success of your efforts so that you can use objective benchmarks to figure out what works.
Your content will go far if you combine a beautiful photo with a great Instagram caption.
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages —
powered by your data.
Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.
Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.
Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜
Wanna see 52 business ideas you can start with less than $1,000?
Join our free weekly newsletter and get them right now.