Establishing your business signage is an essential first step in starting your business.
However, the reality is, the cost of business signage can add up very quickly, so it’s important that you explore all your options before making any decisions.
Before we dive into the cost of business signage, we must first understand exactly what business signage is, and why it plays a vital role in starting your business.
What Is Business Signage?
Business Signage is considered to be apart of your advertising & marketing costs when getting your small business off the ground.
Business signs let people know they're in the right place and are one of the first impressions your customer will have of your business.
The cost for signage depends on a variety of elements:
- number of colors
- installation and labor
There are plenty of design tools and software to create your own signs, or you can hire a sign business to do this for you.
One of the most common questions we get at Starter Story is “How much does business signage cost in 2021?
In this post, we will explain everything you need to know about:
- The average cost and breakdown for business signage
- The best tools and services to use for your business signage
- How to make the most of your money when investing in a business signage
How Much Does Business Signage Cost?
- Minimum cost of business signage: $75
- Maximum cost of business signage: $2,486
- Average cost of business signage: $1,280
This estimate depends on a number of factors, including which service or tools you choose, the scope of your business and your overall needs as it relates to business signage.
Below, we will dive into the best tools and services to jumpstart your business signage.
Best Tools And Services For Business Signage
There are plenty of different tools and resources available to help with business signage.
It’s important that you do your due diligence to determine your exact goals as it relates to your business signage.
First and foremost, you should ask yourself a few questions prior to starting your research:
- How much can/should I spend on business signage?
- What value and return will business signage bring to my business?
- Do I need a professional business signage service or tool, or is this something I can do without?
- What will the ongoing costs for business signage look like?
Once you have an idea as to what you are looking for, it’s time to begin the research process!
We’ve identified the top tools and services for business signage:
Web and mobile-based platform that enables businesses to create social graphics, videos and landing pages using available tools.
How To Keep Business Signage Costs Low
It’s easy to get ahead of your budget as it relates to your business signage.
After doing research on the different tools and services available, you should consider a few things:
- Is business signage something I can do on my own?
- Is there a low cost or free way to get my business signage (ie. freemium versions, partnerships or trade).
- Are there some parts of business signage I can do on my own, and others I can buy or outsource?
It’s important you spend the time asking yourself these questions so that you are the most prepared when it comes to your business signage.
To help you put your money where it matters, we put together a list of 20 free small business budget templates, including a startup cost template to help you get your business started.
What Other Advertising & Marketing Costs Should I Know About?
Business Signage will be one of many advertising & marketing costs you will need to consider when starting your business.
To learn more about other advertising & marketing costs’s and best practices, we put together a list for you here:
- Tradeshow costs
- Networking Membership Fees
- Local fairs and festivals
- Business Signage
- Business Cards
- Customer Research & Surveys
- Direct Campaigns, Printing and Mailing
- Google Ads
- Facebook & Instagram Ads
- Influencer Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing Commission & Fees
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.