This article is a part of our encyclopedia, and is editable by you. Edit ➜
What Is A Brand Story Email Campaign?
A brand story email narrates the story of how and why your business was started and expresses how that narrative is still apart of you today.
Emails that explain your brand story can be a very effective way to connect with your customer.
- Brand story emails should aim to communicate who you are, what you do, and how you can help people
- Stories create an emotional bond between the brand and the customer
- Messages brought as stories are carved in memory 22 times better than bare facts.
Understanding Brand Story Emails
Often enough, people get tired of being sold to - consumers want a genuine connection with a brand.
Storytelling engages different brain areas that makes readers feel like they're experiencing as it's their own.
Consumers are likely to purchase an item if it drives some sort of emotion in their mind. Not only can a compelling story drive them to purchase, but it can also influence their loyalty towards your brand.
Real World Examples: Create A Brand Story Email Campaign
1. Charity Water Brand Story Email
Charity Water sent out an incredible email to their subscribers.
The email started out with an inspirational photo and followed with a story about their brand:
In the email, not only do they tell how they brought their idea to life, but also send an authentic thank you to their subscribers.
2. Toms Brand Story Email
When you subscribe to TOMS emails, something unexpected hits your inbox.
Rather than just getting a typical welcome email or coupon code, you get the full story:
The company highlights their effort to give shoes to people in need through storytelling and marketing emails.
This makes the customer feel that they are doing much more than buying a pair of shoes - they're supporting their purpose.
How To Write A Brand Story Email
- Explain who you are
- Explain what you do
- Explain who you do it for
- Explain your conflict: What challenges or roadblocks have you faced? Be as real as possible with your customers
- Explain your solution: How do you actively find a solution for the problems and challenges you faced?
- What will the future look like?
Contributors to this article:
- Pat Walls, Founder @ Starter Story
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.