Looking to write a new book blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Book blog post topics to write about
- Book blogging ideas
- Other book content ideas
- Real-world examples of book blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right book blog ideas.
Book Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular book blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Ancient books
- Types of books
- Modern books
- Children's books
- Book niches
- Best Motivational Books to inspire you
- Short stories
- Adventure books
- Book reviews
- Culinary books
- Book Vs Movie
- Movie adaptation of a book
- Top 10 romantic novels of all time
- Book recommendations
- Horror Novels
- Top 10 best-selling books of all time
- Top 5 must-have books in your collection
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Book Blog Post Ideas
- How to find the best library for your thesis
- How to restore old books to their perfect condition
- How to bind a book safely
- How to take care of your old books
- How to run a successful bookstore
- How to write your first book
- How to upload your books on Amazon
- How to sell books for a profit
- How to find the cheapest yet high-quality books for sale
- How to quickly read and understand every book that you are reading
- How to illustrate good images in a book
- How to make a shelf for storing your books
- How to download free eBooks on the internet
- How to read the Holy Bible chronologically
- How to join a book club
- How to find a good publishing house for your books
- How to print books at home
- How to turn your physical book into an eBook
- How to write a recipe book
- How to write an adaptation
- How to know if the book is interesting to read
- How to read books quickly without compromising anything
- How to formulate chapters on books
- How to put references on your book
- How to publish your own books
- How to find a good self-help book
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Book Content Ideas
- What books are perfect for learning different languages
- The benefits of reading a book
- The most influential books of all time
- What are the best book topics that you can read
- What books are considered a best-seller
- Books that will make you cry
- The different eBook formats online
- Who are the best authors that you should look for this 2021
- What books to read while traveling
- Examples of book blogs
- The ultimate guide in writing a book review
- Fantastic book blog ideas that you can start
- What are the different book niches right now
- What great books to expect this year
- Best reasons why you should read a particular niche
- Most amazing movie adaptations of your favorite books
- Worst television adaptations of your well-loved books
- What are the best books to read while bonding with friends
- The beginner's guide in collecting books
- List books that you can read a lot of times without getting bored
- Books with the most controversial authors
- Different book trends that you should not miss this year
- Is it good to buy books online?
- Most famous sci-fi books that made it big globally
- Famous authors that have rags to riches story
- Less popular books that have a wonderful plot
- List of the best books for toddlers
- The ultimate guide in organizing your books
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Book Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Physical books vs eBooks
- How a book can transform your life for the better
- Why it is better to read books in the morning
- What are book blogs
- How books started
- Is it worth it to start your own book blog
- The importance of libraries in today's world
- Audiobook vs physical book
- How books can transform your career for the better
- How reading has transformed your life
- Comparison of different book editions
- How did people in the early times print books
- Weirdest books ever created
- How graphics are drawn on books Pros & cons of buying book online
- How these online writers generate millions on Amazon
- What are book tags
- Most sought literary quotes
- How important is a reading playlist
- Guidelines when buying books
- What are mini book reviews
- What is a book haul
- Why audiobook is perfect while traveling
- Reading books vs watching it on movies
- What makes a good research resource
- What is a reading challenge jar
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.