Looking to write a new blog post, but experiencing some writers block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with 250+ beauty blog post ideas that your audience will love in 2021 to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your beauty business.
Different Blog Post Types For Your Beauty Business
Before we dive into the list of blog post ideas and topics, let’s go over a few common blog post types and how to use them:
How-to-guide content for your beauty business
How-to-guides are a great way to share your insight and knowledge across your audience.
If you are able to provide answers to a person's search, they will likely click on your article and stay on your site for a period of time.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and become a customer.
List-based content for your beauty business
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with an easy-to-read blog post.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, this is a great way to get your point across and answer your searchers query.
Lists are a great way to build traffic for your blog posts, and they are often quick to write. It’s a win-win!
Interview content for your beauty business
Why not have an industry expert write a piece of content for you, rather than writing it yourself?
Interviews are a great way to get user generated content for your site - and oftentimes, they will generate quality traffic and interest.
Not only will your audience read this content, but the audience of your interviewee will also read and share this content.
Interviews are a great way to add value to your business while mixing up your blogging style.
List Of Beauty Blog Post Ideas
We put together a list of 250+ beauty blog post ideas to help give you some inspiration for your next article:
- Your morning and nightime routine.
- Your top five products in a specific category
- New seasonal makeup looks.
- How to make your eyes look bigger.
- Best drugstore beauty products
- How to Build Your Makeup Collection
- Follow me around while I beauty shop.
- Look through somebody else’s makeup bag.
- Halloween-inspired makeup looks.
- Your makeup looks over the years
- 7 Skin Care Tips for Dry Skin
- The best products for your hair type.
- Popular makeup products that aren’t worth the hype.
- Nail polish picks for the season
- How to get a luxurious look for less.
- Your favourite makeup products for travelling.
- How to choose the right hair colour for your skin tone.
- How to remove your makeup.
- Your skincare journey. Have you had to overcome a specific concern such as acne?
- Share your skincare ‘shelfie’ of products you currently have.
- How to Get Started With Nail Art
- A beginners guide to skincare.
- Quick makeup looks.
- Your favorite hair products
- Makeup trends you love.
- How to do your eyebrows.
- How to pick the perfect lipstick for your skin tone.
- Your top skin care hacks.
- How to Get the Luxe Look for Less
- Your night-out makeup looks
- 10 Beauty Must-Haves Under $20
- Your favourite hair products.
- Day in the life of a beauty blogger.
- Beauty YouTubers everyone should watch
- Products that you’ve used up reviewed.
- Your favorite hair styling tools
- Back-to-school makeup looks
- What’s in my makeup bag?
- How to transform your makeup from day to night.
- How to pick the perfect lipstick
- Host a giveaway.
- How to find the right foundation shade.
- The most disappointing makeup products you’ve tried.
- Beauty gift guides.
- Your biggest skincare mistakes.
- Tips for dying your hair.
- How you store/organize your makeup
- Best products for your hair type
- A skincare dictionary of different terminology used.
- A makeup dictionary of different terminology used.
- How to care for dyed hair.
- Product review.
- How to keep your skin hydrated on a flight.
- How to Get Glowing Skin
- Stocking stuffer beauty products gift guide
- How to find the right SPF for you.
- DIY hair care products.
- Beauty essentials you never leave home without
- Tour My Nail Polish Collection
- How to Take Better Care of Your Nails
- How you take & edit your makeup photos and videos.
- How to deal with large pores.
- Compare two similar beauty products
- How to combat frizz.
- How to make your makeup products last longer.
- Why You Should Always Use a Base Coat
- Apply your makeup using only one tool.
- Your regular skincare regime
- What products you have recently purchased
- 10 Natural Skincare Products to Try This Year
- Your favourite budget skincare products.
- How to hide roots in-between visits to the hairdresser.
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Nails Strong
- Full makeup look only using luxury products.
- Your top beauty tips.
- Holiday beauty wishlist
- A brand review where you test multiple products from one brand.
- Your favorite skincare products
- Do a get ready with me or get unready with me.
- Your favourite hair accessories
- Declutter your beauty collection.
- How to style short or long hair.
- The best makeup dupes.
- Salon, spa or treatment reviews.
- Your minimal/“no makeup” makeup routine
- Holiday Makeup looks.
- What different ingredients in skincare do.
- Outfit of the Days.
- What’s on your wishlist?
- 5 Holy Grail Nail Shades
- How to find luxury products for less.
- Skincare for sensitive skin.
- The Best Makeup Dupes for High End Products
- How to work out your hair type.
- Easy to follow glam makeup looks.
- The best skincare products for your skin type.
- Where to get inspiration for beauty content.
- How to deal with bad skin days.
- How to organise your makeup collection.
- The Best Affordable Makeup Brushes
- Skincare products that aren’t worth the hype.
- Your biggest haircare mistakes.
- Best beauty products for your skin type
- How to Find Your Beauty Style
- Vegan beauty product round-up
- Apply your makeup with just your fingers.
- Back-to-school shopping haul
- How long should you keep beauty products?
- Your favorite makeup brushes
- Quick hair looks.
- Talk about new launches or releases.
- Your favorite braided hairstyles
- Your biggest makeup mistakes.
- 7 Beauty Tips for Beginners
- The best independent brands.
- Full makeup look using products from one brand.
- How to do a cut crease.
- Which makeup brush is best for different things.
- Holiday makeup looks
- How to hide scars with makeup.
- The best products under £X.
- Top 3 favorite easy hairstyles
- Share your entire beauty collection.
- How to get a job in the beauty industry.
- Spend vs. Save — Where to Invest In Your Skincare
- Do a makeup transformation.
- 5 Beauty Essentials Everyone Should Have in Their Collection
- A beginner’s anti-ageing guide.
- Recreating a celebrity look.
- Copy someone else’s beauty routine for a day/week.
- Beauty box review.
- Your top tips for making your hair grow.
- A Q&A.
- A minimal skincare routine with only a few products.
- The best beauty products on sale at the moment.
- How to Make Your Own Face Masks
- What brands you think are overrated
- What’s in your makeup drawer
- 7 Affordable Beauty Brands I Love
- Your favourite makeup palettes.
- Your favourite beauty brands and shops.
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Beauty
- A haircare dictionary with the terminology used.
- The Best Places to Shop for Affordable Beauty
- Your daily makeup looks
- Halloween-inspired makeup looks
- How to choose a hairstyle for your face shape.
- Beauty essentials you always carry with you.
- Summer music festival makeup looks
- Makeup tips for people with glasses/ contact lenses.
- The Best Beauty Basics
- The Ultimate Guide to Beauty for Beginners
- Your current go-to makeup look.
- Share your entire makeup collection.
- Beauty essentials everyone should have.
- How to style hair extensions
- Makeup trends you hate
- 5 makeup products that you will always repurchase.
- Full makeup look using only budget products.
- Your favourite subscription services.
- How to apply false eyelashes.
- How to clean your makeup brushes.
- Black Friday shopping haul
- DIY skincare tutorials.
- How to conceal dark circles.
- Why you started a blog.
- Eye looks for hooded eyes
- Follow Me Around — Budget Beauty Shopping
- How you edit your makeup pics or videos
- The best beauty apps.
- How to make DIY lip balm
- Share your favourite products of the week, month, season or year.
- Your favourite self-tan products.
- How to blow dry your own hair.
- High-end product and drugstore product comparison.
- A guide to different skin treatments available.
- A beginners guide to makeup. Essential starter products.
- How to make a DIY face mask
- Work-appropriate makeup looks.
- How to find your skin type.
- Your favourite skincare products of all time.
- 15 of My Favorite Nail Art Looks
- Your favorite self-tanning products
- New season trends and how to achieve them.
- How to get glowing skin.
- Your favourite beauty blogs and MUAs.
- Nail art tutorials.
- How to make DIY body scrub
- Your favourite hair styling tools.
- The Best Skincare Products for Oily Skin
- Your favorite scents for the season
- How to prevent split ends.
- Your top makeup hacks.
- Your favourite makeup products of all time.
- How your makeup has changed over the years.
- Makeup or beauty mistakes you used to make
- A minimal makeup look with only a few products.
- Makeup trends you love
- Skincare products you are currently using.
- Your favourite luxury skincare products.
- Your hand-luggage only beauty picks.
- Your fake tan routine.
- You favourite plastic-free or sustainable products.
- Ask another blogger or influencer to do a guest post.
- Best worth-the-splurge beauty products
- Makeup Tutorial for Beginners
- 5 ways to keep your hair out of your face.
- Your morning/nighttime beauty routine
- How you do a certain technique (ex. contouring)
- How to blend hair extensions
- Makeup subscription box review
- The Best Budget Skincare Products
- The Best Affordable Nail Care Brands
- How to contour your face.
- How to apply your makeup.
- Makeup trends you hate.
- My 2018 Budget Beauty Haul
- Seasonable skincare switches.
- The Best Nail Colors for Work
- Skincare habits to start.
- How to style hair extensions.
- Your favourite vegan or cruelty-free products.
- No-makeup makeup looks.
- How to start a beauty blog.
- Your favourite skin pampering routine.
- Your favorite face masks
- Your favourite waterproof makeup.
- How to Figure Out Your Skin Type
- The best beauty advice I’ve ever received.
- 5 Drugstore Makeup Brands to Try
- A Beginner’s Guide to Skincare
- The perfect eye makeup for your eye colour.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Nailcare
- How to make your makeup last all day.
- The best mascara for length, volume etc.
- Back-to-school makeup looks.
- How to protect your hair from heat review.
- Your hair history. Different haircuts and colours you’ve had.
- 25 Makeup Tips for Beginners
- 5 Affordable Makeup Products I Swear By
- Your top hair hacks.
- Your favourite face masks.
- 5 Habits of People With Great Skin
- Beauty Instagram accounts everyone should follow
- Beauty looks you’ve always wanted to try.
- Your favourite makeup brushes and tools.
- How you take your makeup pics or videos
- My Daily Skincare Routine
- How to deal with greasy hair.
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic For Your Beauty Business
Finding the right content type and topic for your beauty business is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic for your beauty business:
1. Find A Content Topic And Type Through Google Search:
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Check Out Competitors And Successful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There’s a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top performing websites and topics
3. Use Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Win For This Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Writing a great blog post for your beauty business involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here