Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your beauty business.
Different Blog Post Types For Your Beauty Business
Here are some content type and topic ideas for your beauty business:
How-to-guide content for your beauty business
How-to-guides are a great way to share your insight and knowledge across your audience.
If you are able to provide answers to a person's search, they will likely click on your article and stay on your site for a period of time.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and become a customer.
How-To-Guide Beauty Business Post Example
Ipsy, the glam subscription bag business has an entire how-to-guide tutorial page on their website.
Here's a great example of one of the blog posts they did on: The Beginner’s Guide to Applying Makeup, According to a Makeup Artist:
Check out the full post here
How To Guide Beauty Blog Post Ideas
Here's a list of how-to-guides you can create for your beauty blog:
- How to apply your makeup.
- How to blend hair extensions
- How to blow dry your own hair.
- How to Build Your Makeup Collection
- How to care for dyed hair.
- How to choose a hairstyle for your face shape.
- How to choose the right hair colour for your skin tone.
- How to clean your makeup brushes.
- How to combat frizz.
- DIY hair care products.
- How to conceal dark circles.
- How to contour your face.
- How to deal with bad skin days.
- How to deal with greasy hair.
- How to deal with large pores.
- How to do a cut crease.
- How to do your eyebrows.
- How to Figure Out Your Skin Type
- How to find luxury products for less.
- How to find the right foundation shade.
- How to find the right SPF for you.
- How to Find Your Beauty Style
- How to find your skin type.
- How to get a job in the beauty industry.
- How to get a luxurious look for less.
- How to Get Glowing Skin
- How to get glowing skin.
- How to Get Started With Nail Art
- How to Get the Luxe Look for Less
- How to hide roots in-between visits to the hairdresser.
- How to hide scars with makeup.
- How to keep your skin hydrated on a flight.
- How to make a DIY face mask
- How to make DIY body scrub
- How to make DIY lip balm
- How to make your eyes look bigger.
- How to make your makeup last all day.
- How to make your makeup products last longer.
- How to Make Your Own Face Masks
- How to organise your makeup collection.
- How to pick the perfect lipstick
- How to pick the perfect lipstick for your skin tone.
- How to prevent split ends.
- How to protect your hair from heat review.
- How to remove your makeup.
- How to start a beauty blog.
- How to style hair extensions
- How to style hair extensions.
- How to style short or long hair.
- How to Take Better Care of Your Nails
- How to transform your makeup from day to night.
- How to work out your hair type.
- How you do a certain technique (ex. contouring)
- How you edit your makeup pics or videos
- How you store/organize your makeup
- How you take & edit your makeup photos and videos.
- How you take your makeup pics or videos
- How your makeup has changed over the years.
- A beginner’s anti-ageing guide.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Nailcare
- A Beginner’s Guide to Skincare
- A beginners guide to makeup. Essential starter products.
- A beginners guide to skincare.
- DIY skincare tutorials.
- Makeup Tutorial for Beginners
- Nail art tutorials.
- A guide to different skin treatments available.
- A haircare dictionary with the terminology used.
- A makeup dictionary of different terminology used.
- A minimal skincare routine with only a few products.
- A skincare dictionary of different terminology used.
- Apply your makeup using only one tool.
- Apply your makeup with just your fingers.
List-based content for your beauty blog
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with an easy-to-read blog post.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, this is a great way to get your point across and answer your searchers query.
Lists are a great way to build traffic for your blog posts, and they are often quick to write. It’s a win-win!
List Based Content Example
BRIDES, a wedding, fashion and beauty blog provides a list of 67 Wedding Makeup Ideas for Every Kind of Bride.
This is the perfect example of the list-based content type:
- Numbered list with ideas
- Short descriptions
- Photos for context
Read the full article here
List-Based Beauty Blog Post Ideas
Here's are some list-based beauty blog post ideas you can create:
- 10 Beauty Must-Haves Under $20
- 10 Natural Skincare Products to Try This Year
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Beauty
- 15 of My Favorite Nail Art Looks
- 25 Makeup Tips for Beginners
- 5 Affordable Makeup Products I Swear By
- 5 Beauty Essentials Everyone Should Have in Their Collection
- 5 Drugstore Makeup Brands to Try
- 5 Habits of People With Great Skin
- 5 Holy Grail Nail Shades
- 5 makeup products that you will always repurchase.
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Nails Strong
- 5 ways to keep your hair out of your face.
- 7 Affordable Beauty Brands I Love
- 7 Beauty Tips for Beginners
- 7 Skin Care Tips for Dry Skin
- Easy to follow glam makeup looks.
- Eye looks for hooded eyes
- Beauty gift guides.
- Beauty Instagram accounts everyone should follow
- Beauty looks you’ve always wanted to try.
- Beauty YouTubers everyone should watch
- Best beauty products for your skin type
- Best drugstore beauty products
- Best products for your hair type
- Best worth-the-splurge beauty products
- Black Friday shopping haul
Interview content for your beauty blog
Why not have an industry expert write a piece of content for you, rather than writing it yourself?
Interviews are a great way to get user generated content for your site - and oftentimes, they will generate quality traffic and interest.
Not only will your audience read this content, but the audience of your interviewee will also read and share this content.
Interviews are a great way to add value to your business while mixing up your blogging style.
Interview Example In The Beauty Industry
Beauty Crew has an entire section on their site just for interviews.
Check out their blog here
Interview Content Ideas For Your Beauty Blog
- Ask another blogger or influencer to do a guest post.
- Host A Q&A with a beauty blogger
- Host An AMA with a beauty influencer
- Have a beauty blogger or influencer takeover Social Media
- Interview over the phone
- Follow an influencer around while they shop for beauty products
- Go live with another beauty blogger on IG or Tik-Tok
- Beauty essentials everyone should have.
- Beauty essentials you always carry with you.
- Beauty essentials you never leave home without
More blog post ideas
- Follow Me Around — Budget Beauty Shopping
- Follow me around while I beauty shop.
- Full makeup look only using luxury products.
- Full makeup look using only budget products.
- Full makeup look using products from one brand.
- Halloween-inspired makeup looks
- High-end product and drugstore product comparison.
- Holiday beauty wishlist
- Holiday makeup looks
- Host a giveaway.
- How long should you keep beauty products?
- A brand review where you test multiple products from one brand.
- A minimal makeup look with only a few products.
- Back-to-school makeup looks
- Back-to-school makeup looks.
- Back-to-school shopping haul
- Beauty box review.
- Compare two similar beauty products
- Copy someone else’s beauty routine for a day/week.
- Day in the life of a beauty blogger.
- Declutter your beauty collection.
- Do a get ready with me or get unready with me.
- Do a makeup transformation.
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic For Your Beauty Business
Finding the right content type and topic for your beauty business is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic for your beauty business:
1. Find A Content Topic And Type Through Google Search:
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Check Out Competitors And Successful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Use Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Win For This Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Writing a great blog post for your beauty business involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!