Looking to write a new accounting blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Accounting blog post topics to write about
- Accounting blogging ideas
- Other accounting content ideas
- Real-world examples of accounting blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right accounting blog ideas.
Accounting Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular accounting blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Accounting profession
- Branches of accountancy
- Accounting methodologies
- Accounting roles
- Common accounting terms
- Accounting software
- Financial Audit
- Tax laws
- Accounting case study
- Life of accountants
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Accounting Blog Post Ideas
- How to be a certified public accountant
- The ultimate guide in using accounting software
- How to check accounting books accurately
- How to avoid getting victimized by financial fraudsters
- A guide for a better debt management
- How to reduce your taxes
- How to improve accounting systems
- The comprehensive guide in capital budgeting
- How to get personal finances orderly
- How to get clients as an accountant
- How to become a good accounting student
- How to master supply chain management effectively
- How to create an efficient profit and loss statement
- How to audit properly
- How to have a successful financial audit
- How is collusion in auditing done
- A beginner's guide about municipal bonds
- The ultimate guide in capital structure determinants
- How to update accounting books quickly yet accurately
- How to be a great accounting professor in the future
- How to overcome nervousness when auditing
- How to protect yourself from overpaying tax
- How to optimize your income as an accountant
- How to find a good accountant for your business
- How to prevent expense fraud
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Accounting Content Ideas
- List of the different accounting apps
- The effects of taxation in the US
- What are the different accounting procedures
- The skills needed to become a forensic accountant
- The latest taxation trends
- Sensible investing benefits
- Reasons why hiring an accountant can avoid bankruptcy
- What you should keep in mind when investing
- Facts about contra asset account
- List of free personal financial software
- What are the reasons for a business to go bankrupt
- Strategies for transparent organizational finances
- The different workbooks to help you practice accounting
- Ways to familiarize personal tax code
- What are the different accounting equations
- What are the requirements of becoming a BS Accounting student
- What is the difference between a ledger and a simple journal entry
- The best checklist for taxation day
- The limitations of e-commerce accounting
- What are the key roles of accountants in the society
- The advantages of being an accountant in today's world
- The implications of taxing lower-income households
- Online business best accounting practices
- Advantages and disadvantages of offshore accounting
- The disadvantages of having two credit cards on one account
- What you will see in a businesses general ledger
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Accounting Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Accounting ethics synopsis
- What is the role of a forensic accountant
- What is offshore accounting
- Is it better to work as a freelance accountant
- Financial accounting vs management accounting
- Bookkeeper vs accountant
- What is a business tax code
- What is dividend accounting
- Why control accounts are important
- Accrual-based accounting vs. cash basis accounting
- What is tax exemption
- What is e-commerce accounting
- Business financial software vs personal financial software
- Why your personal balance sheet must be updated all the time
- What is a profit and loss statement
- Home audits vs external audits
- Job order costing vs process costing
- Physical accounting books vs e-books
- All about owner's equity
- How much does an accountant is paid per project
- Asset management vs liability management
- What is tax evasion
- Why you should pay your tax timely
- IRS law XXYY vs IRS law YYXX
- What is GAAP
- Deliberate vs impulsive spending
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.