If you're looking to boost your email open rates and increase sales, your email subject line is the first (and most important) step in achieving those goals.
Did you know that 33% of email recipients open emails because of an engaging subject line?
That's why it's critical to craft a catchy email subject line that will get you the traffic and conversions you deserve.
We've put together a list of 132+ best email subject lines for winter .
Some are proven examples from other successful campaigns, and some are creative ideas to inspire you.
Creative Email Subject Line Ideas
- New Year, New ‘Do — Get a $50 haircut!
- Let the holiday season begin by treating yourself to something special
- All good dogs and cats deserve stockings stuffed with goodies
- Celebrate Small Biz Sat with us: BOGO sale 🎉
- 28 Ways to Give Thanks at Suzy’s Spa
- Be the world’s best St. Nick with just one click
- 12 Days of Savings Starts today!
- 25 Tips for Healthy Eating this Holiday Season
- Grey skies got you down? 50% off to brighten your day ☀️
- New Toques, New Markdowns
- The holidays may be over, but the savings aren’t!
- Beat the holiday rush with tips for being a St. Nick in time
- Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List 🎁
- You want and deserve the special secrets to Noel Nirvana
- Gobble up these Thanksgiving specials!
- Discounted elf exclusives add extra joy to your holidays
- These sizzling Christmas deals are hot enough to warm up Jack Frost
- Deck the halls with unbelievable holiday savings
- Give great gifts that give back with our incredible Christmas discounts
- Looking like Rudolph? Book a facial today!
- Dazzling Christmas discounts are our holiday gift to you
- Savings you can snuggle up with
- Spread some cheer with us — open house sale!
- We Like You a Latke!
- Wave hello to winter with new styles 👋
- Do you need a time-out from the holidays this year?
- Thanksgiving Schedule Changes & Weekend Specials
- It’s our 8th annual Small Biz Sat sale! Join us?
- Make room under the tree for cash-saving Christmas fun
- We’re staying open late on Small Business Saturday!
- Holiday Super Sale!
- Our Winter Style Guide is here
- Where would you love to ring in the holidays this year?
- Even Santa shops our super-saver Christmas deals
- Take your Christmas shopping over the finish line with time to spare
- Inspire a kiss under the mistletoe with these romantic holiday destinations
- Melt the ice with up to 40% off
- Curl up with some cocoa and shop online ☕️
- 5 Ways to Support Our Community This Small Biz Sat
- Keep your toes warm and shop online 🧦
- Let’s start this year right. 10% off throughout January
- How can joining a gym turn into your Christmas vacation?
- Our Winter Clearance Event Starts in 3...2...1!
- Stuff yourself with savings 🍗
- New Winter Arrivals Are Here!
- This sale is snowman-approved ⛄️
- Our sale is heating things up 🔥
- Snuggle up with winter savings 🧦
- The best host gifts for your Hanukkah celebrations
- Secret Santas know how to hook up with Christmas savings
- Stock up for winter with 50% off sweaters
- 5 Cold Weather Must-Haves
- Gift ideas for all 8 nights inside 👀
- Early access to Black Friday deals
- Take a peek at our Small Biz Sat sale
- Zip through the holidays with our super-fast elf-checkout
- You can be naughty and still stay fit through the holidays
- Start your New Year Off Right — 25% off Spa Packages
- Indulge in the joys of personalized holiday shopping
- Brrr! It's Cold Out There!
- It’s snowing savings! See our top deals.
- Check out Santa’s recommendations for your favorite pet
- Rock the Christmas clock with time-saving gift inspiration
- We’ve got the perfect gifts on Small Biz Sat
- Put joy in your world with post-holiday travel discounts around the globe
- Stay inside and shop with free shipping
- Drop your shovel with two-day shipping
- Meow-y Christmas! 5 holiday treats safe for your cat
- Super Christmas shopping savings put extra jingle in your pocket
- Beautiful boots, bows and bells dress up the best holiday wardrobes
- Warm up to winter with us this Saturday 🔥
- Winter savings you can snowbank on ❄️
- Be an angel this year by giving heavenly holiday gifts
- You’re Getting Warmer – Packages from $59
- Fabulous holiday fashion looks so good on you
- Your Winter Forecast: Cold, but stylish
- Doll up your fur babies for the holidays with our pet grooming services
- Enjoy fantastic discounts on fabulous holiday fashions
- Join Us in the New Year!
- Who says you can’t be stylish and warm?
- Get on Santa’s nice list by getting in shape this year
- Glow like a Christmas angel with our premium cosmetics
- Free Shipping! Don’t brave the cold ❄️
- Be Santa Claus for your favorite paws with these pet treats
- Psst… Be the first to shop our new winter styles 🌨
- See you on Small Business Saturday?
- Conquer Christmas shopping while you ring up super savings
- Push procrastination out the window with super-fun holiday shopping
- What’s better than frostbite? Our online shop!
- 8 Crazy Bites – Special Hanukkah Menu
- Savings to be thankful for — 8 deals you can’t miss.
- Winter is here! Time to layer up
- Our ultimate winter packing list
- Baby, it’s cold outside, so warm up with our holiday gift ideas
- 5 Fitness Resolutions to Break 💪
- Say no to slush! New styles online
- 7 Spa Treatments to Put You on the “Nice” List
- We’re thankful for our customers: Coupon Inside!
- Celebrate Cyber Monday with deep discounts on all home decor
- Savings sweeter than a snow cone 🍧
- Kickstart Your Holiday Shopping with Us!
- Put the shine in your holidays with our sparkling ideas
- Walk off those leftovers: Small Biz Sat sidewalk sale
- Introducing the New Winter Collection
- Hanukkah Deals to Make You Dizzy!
- Shop winter wear from the warmth of your home
- Even Rudolph thinks our holiday travel booking services are the best
- We’re giving thanks with 50% off!
- Give yourself something you really want this Christmas
- Kick holiday stress to the curb with one-stop shopping for everyone on your list
- Annual Membership Sale
- 5 Easy DIY Christmas Decor Tips
- These Christmas decorating tips make Martha Stewart jealous
- 8 Days of Savings
- Wrap up super savings that keep your stocking stuffed
- What are you really dreaming of this Christmas?
- Season’s Greetings and Holiday Savings!
- Challah for These Chanukkah Deals
- Gather ’round for savings!
- Last day to shovel in the savings with our 50% off sale 🌨
- Cold weather, hot prices
- Ring in the holidays wearing elegant Christmas jewelry
- Sale to Light Up Your Life
- Looking to get ahead of the holiday rush? Early sale starts now!
- Sleigh your Christmas list with these last-minute gifts
- Our Winter Warmer Package Makes a Great Gift
- Ho Ho Ho (Spend Less Dough)
- Wave at Santa’s reindeer as they go flying by your plane window
- Turn your home into a holiday palace with dazzling home decor
- We saved Santa’s best stocking stuffers just for you
- Your First Look for 2021
- Gift yourself with the Christmas vacation you really deserve
GUIDE: How To Write A Great Subject Line
As we mentioned above, crafting a catchy subject line is critical to the performance of your email campaign.
While just a few words may seem like a small piece of your overall message, this is the first impression your audience will have before they decide whether to open your email.
If your subject line isn't engaging or appealing enough, there's a chance it could get buried in your reader's inbox.
Let's go over the proven tips on how to craft a subject line that boosts engagement:
What makes a great subject line?
First, let's discuss the fundamentals of creating a great subject line:
- Spark interest and curiosity
- A clear and urgent call to action
- An offer/intriguing discount
- Personalization (this can be done by sending out different versions of emails to subscribers based on their preferences)
- Relevance - make sure your subject line covers the current trends and topics within your industry
5 Tips To Crafting a Great Subject Line
Now, let's dive into the specifics of how to create a great subject line for your next campaign:
1. Use a familiar sender name
Although this may seem obvious, it's a piece many marketers miss the ball on.
Your readers want to feel like your email is coming from a human and not a corporation or automated system.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to do this is by changing the sender's name to YOUR name or someone in the company that is well known.
Here's a great example of this from Marketing Examples
Avoid the "no-reply" sender name at all costs. This makes your email feel unfamiliar, unapproachable, and less personable.
2. Keep your subject short and to the point
If your subject line is too long, it will get cut off, which could impact your reader's chances of opening your email.
The rule of thumb (for both mobile and desktop) is to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
3. Add personal touches to your subject line
If you have access to information about your subscriber (ie. name, location, etc), you can use this to benefit your subject line and catch your readers attention.
It's important not to go overboard here, but adding even the simplest touch such as their name can build trust and rapport.
Here's a great example of a personalized email + offer I received from BarkBox with my dog's name in the subject line:
4. Avoid making any false promises
Your subject line makes a commitment to your reader, so it's important you don't stretch the truth just to simply get more opens and clicks.
In the grand scheme of things, making false promises will end up hurting your open rate as your readers will lose trust in you.
5. Give them a sneak peek of what's inside
Telling your subscriber what is inside helps with open and clicks.
For example, if you're providing your reader with a free guide or e-book, consider making your subject line something along the lines of:
"Your FREE marketing e-book awaits!"
If you want your email campaign to perform well, it all starts with your subject line.
Think about the emails you receive in your inbox and what makes you click vs what gets buried - odds are, the same habits go for your customer.
We hope you enjoyed our guide + list of 132+ best email subject lines for winter .
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.