If you're looking to boost your email open rates and increase sales, your email subject line is the first (and most important) step in achieving those goals.
Did you know that 33% of email recipients open emails because of an engaging subject line?
That's why it's critical to craft a catchy email subject line that will get you the traffic and conversions you deserve.
We've put together a list of 100+ website launch email subject lines (that work!).
Some are proven examples from other successful campaigns, and some are creative ideas to inspire you.
Creative Email Subject Line Ideas
- Is this is the hottest product in the market?
- AWAI – Four steps to reinventing your life
- A new product that will not allow to pass on
- Unwrap your surprise gift
- Copyblogger – How to Calm Your Content Anxiety in 5 Simple Steps
- Look what you did today. Unlocked new product
- Get ready for our new product launch
- Something new is coming to Havenly…
- Groupon – Can You Deal with These?
- Simply Measured Newsletter – Tumblr Now Has Live Video: Why Brands Should Pay Attention
- Age delaying beauty cosmetic brand new cream
- AWAI – What a cat can teach you about achieving the writer’s life
- Don’t miss out on all new arrivals.
- Nicole B. – [Resource roundup] Build a better event map, master festival logistics, and more
- Brett Andrews – [eBook] Ted’s Multi-Channel Digital Marketing Guide
- Macy’s – Psst - it’s our Private Shopping Event & you’re invited
- Nathan from CoSchedule – 21 Social Media Templates To Help You Execute A Strategy For 10X Growth
- Get priority access to your new food item launch
- We like to introduce these attributes of our new bathing soap
- Orbitz – These Insider Prices are for members only!
- H&M Fashion News – Just in! 500+ new sale styles
- Simply Measured Newsletter – Introducing the 2016 State of Social Media Report
- You have got only one day to use this
- New products alert. Shop for new arrivals today
- A little luxury at our new launch of cooking range.
- Introducing new designer jewellery- Fall/winter 2019
- Groupon – Last-Minute Gifts to Send Dad Instantly
- Weekend only: Get this new product before its gone
- Hotwire Exclusive – Members can rent a car for less today only!
- Need a day at a beach? Just scratch your free coupon
- Don’t open this mail to get best offers on new cosmetic range
- The IMPACT Blog – 4 Ways to Leverage Your Summer Laziness for Sales Success
- Flash sale. Up to 50 percent off on new arrivals
- Don’t wear old style of clothing. Try different style.
- Surprise package inside. Open your mail.
- One shirt free on shopping for two brand new shirts.
- As you wish. Just shop new products
- Writers in Charge – 4 Ridiculously Simple Ways to Instantly Earn More as a Freelance Writer
- Flash Sale alert this Christmas. Get new stock.
- Writers in Charge – Get New Clients by Capitalizing on Opportunities, or How I Made $1,200 on a Boring Day
- As worn out in your old product.
- DraftKings – Exclusive Offer: Play for FREE each week in August
- Copyblogger – Does Your Copy Pass The ‘Forehead Slap’ Test?
- Boom Shakalak!! Let’s get started with new launch offer
- Adobe Systems – Ending soon: Save 40% on Creative Cloud
- We have progressed a lot. Launch new bag
- One Green Planet – Easy Ways to Cut Back On Meat if You’re Not Ready to Give it Up Just Yet
- Copyblogger – Rainmaker Rewind: Announcing a Breakthrough Educational Collaboration…
- Last day to grab offers on new product launch
- Copyblogger – One Skill that Will Take Your Writing from Good to Great
- Check out my new jacket
- Mint – Can you guess your top spending categories last week? - 7/09/2016
- PayPal – Theodore - Last days! Enter for a chance to win a $10k getaway
- Marketo Webinars – [Webinar] Emails that Make Leads Beg for S’more
- H&M Fashion News – Today only! 20% off basics
- This is big. 25 percent off on new arrivals
- Deals that make us proud. Avail new product at our store
- The IMPACT Blog – 4 Simple Tweaks to Convert More Subscribers On Your Blog
- You have never liked your new phone so much.
- Oh, life of your product is expiring.
- Content Marketing Institute – Weekly Alert: Two Wrongs That Prove You Aren’t Doing Content Marketing Right
- You are missing out on new trends
- 50 point checklist for getting discounts on new pack of tea.
- We are crushing you with our new clothing range
- Which beer you drink? Try our new flavor
- What they eat in food? Have you seen our new launch?
- Do pair nicely with these spreadsheets
- Grow your email list 10X with our new launch of course.
- We are launching new cosmetic cream in January 2019
- New season and new product launch
- Are you stealing our new product launch ideas?
- New product launch alert
- Sarah Hughes – Everyone in the media industry should know what we know...
- eMarketer Daily – eMarketer Daily - Programmatic TV Ad Spending to More Than Double This Year
- 7 disgusting facts about old product
- New Vacation to make your New year special
- Products the celebs are using
- Airbnb – This week’s most popular homes are…
- Kick back with these new arrivals in the market
- New products or arrivals just landed
- Avail free discount and bring this new products at your home.
- Salesforce – 36 enterprise apps you could build and deploy today
- You look great in in these brand new workout clothes.
- PsyBlog – Age-Old Dating Advice On Ramping Up Attraction Does Actually Work, Research Finds
- Robin from Simply Measured – The 2016 State of Social Report [47-Page Resource]
- Are you pregnant? Try our new range of products.
- Meet and wear your brand new jeans
- Mary, Earn triple points today only
- Last day to order your new phone. Booking starts now
- Get a head start this winter season
- Your 3-figure plan says bye bye at midnight
- Cheers to new product launches!!
- 33 percent off in new arrivals
- [Advertisement] Your video will begin shortly: 0:01
- 7 new product launch that will make you crazy
- AWAI – Did you hear the story about…
- Gartner for Marketing Leaders – Gartner Research: How to structure your marketing org for future success
- 27 percent off on your new product launches
- PsyBlog – The Simplest Motivational Technique May Also Be The Best
- For today only: Discounts on launching of new denims
- Try to avoid these 16 products on this New Year
GUIDE: How To Write A Great Subject Line
As we mentioned above, crafting a catchy subject line is critical to the performance of your email campaign.
While just a few words may seem like a small piece of your overall message, this is the first impression your audience will have before they decide whether to open your email.
If your subject line isn't engaging or appealing enough, there's a chance it could get buried in your reader's inbox.
Let's go over the proven tips on how to craft a subject line that boosts engagement:
What makes a great subject line?
First, let's discuss the fundamentals of creating a great subject line:
- Spark interest and curiosity
- A clear and urgent call to action
- An offer/intriguing discount
- Personalization (this can be done by sending out different versions of emails to subscribers based on their preferences)
- Relevance - make sure your subject line covers the current trends and topics within your industry
5 Tips To Crafting a Great Subject Line
Now, let's dive into the specifics of how to create a great subject line for your next campaign:
1. Use a familiar sender name
Although this may seem obvious, it's a piece many marketers miss the ball on.
Your readers want to feel like your email is coming from a human and not a corporation or automated system.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to do this is by changing the sender's name to YOUR name or someone in the company that is well known.
Here's a great example of this from Marketing Examples
Avoid the "no-reply" sender name at all costs. This makes your email feel unfamiliar, unapproachable, and less personable.
2. Keep your subject short and to the point
If your subject line is too long, it will get cut off, which could impact your reader's chances of opening your email.
The rule of thumb (for both mobile and desktop) is to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
3. Add personal touches to your subject line
If you have access to information about your subscriber (ie. name, location, etc), you can use this to benefit your subject line and catch your readers attention.
It's important not to go overboard here, but adding even the simplest touch such as their name can build trust and rapport.
Here's a great example of a personalized email + offer I received from BarkBox with my dog's name in the subject line:
4. Avoid making any false promises
Your subject line makes a commitment to your reader, so it's important you don't stretch the truth just to simply get more opens and clicks.
In the grand scheme of things, making false promises will end up hurting your open rate as your readers will lose trust in you.
5. Give them a sneak peek of what's inside
Telling your subscriber what is inside helps with open and clicks.
For example, if you're providing your reader with a free guide or e-book, consider making your subject line something along the lines of:
"Your FREE marketing e-book awaits!"
If you want your email campaign to perform well, it all starts with your subject line.
Think about the emails you receive in your inbox and what makes you click vs what gets buried - odds are, the same habits go for your customer.
We hope you enjoyed our guide + list of 100+ website launch email subject lines (that work!).
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!