Looking to write a new Valentine's day blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Valentine's day blog post topics to write about
- Valentine's day blogging ideas
- Other Valentine's day content ideas
- Real-world examples of Valentine's day blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Valentine's day blog ideas.
Valentine's day Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Valentine's day blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Valentine's day gift ideas
- Valentine's day date finders
- Valentine's day date ideas
- Valentine's day dilemmas
- Valentine's day FAQs
- Valentine's day outfit ideas
- Valentine's day decoration tips
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Valentine's Day Blog Post Ideas
- How to celebrate Valentine's day with a twist
- How to avoid date rejection during Valentines day
- How to prepare the best dinner for Valentines day
- How to make your Valentines date unforgettable
- How to propose for marriage on a Valentines day
- How to avoid awkwardness on a Valentines date
- How to make you look good on a Valentines day
- How to look for the best restaurant this Valentines
- How to have a virtual Valentines date
- How to make your partner happy on Valentines day
- How to celebrate Valentine's day at home
- How to design your room to be romantic on Valentines day
- How to design your website for Valentines day
- How to make a Valentines day banner
- How to avoid dead air on your Valentines date
- How to have an amazing blind date on Valentines
- How to be happy even if you are single on Valentines
- How to create your own recipe on Valentines day
- How to stop getting envious with other couples on Valentines
- How to start saving for your dream vacation on Valentines day
- How to invite a stranger to date for Valentines
- How to find the best Valentines date online
- How to create the best cake for Valentines
- How to file a successful day off at work on Valentines day
- How to arrange your schedule for Valentines day
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Valentine's day Content Ideas
- List of awesome Valentines gift ideas
- Places where you can bring your partner this Valentines
- Weekend getaway ideas for Valentines day
- Party ideas for Valentine's day
- Great drinks to consume on Valentines day
- Best countries to visit on Valentines day
- Best flowers for Valentines day
- Different gift packaging ideas for Valentines day
- Facts about Valentines day
- Myths about Valentine's day debunked
- Best cuisines to consider for Valentines day
- Top restaurants to visit on Valentines day
- Best dress to wear on Valentines day
- List of the best suit to wear on Valentines day
- Weird ways to celebrate Valentines day
- Reasons why you should not celebrate Valentine's on February 14
- Ways to celebrate Valentine's day at home
- Top reasons why you should propose on Valentines day
- Different Valentine-themed blogs to follow
- Countries that do not celebrate Valentines day
- Unusual ways to propose on Valentines day
- Reasons why you should be practical on Valentines day
- Ways to deal with Valentines day anxiety
- Ways to keep yourself busy on Valentines day
- Dating sites where you can find a date on Valentines day
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Valentine's day Blog Post Topic Ideas
- History of Valentines day
- Who is St. Valentine
- How do other countries celebrate Valentines day
- What is the reason for having a Valentines day
- Why you should make your spouse feel special on February 14
- Do dating sites work
- Can you date a girl on Valentine's day without commitments
- Is it possible to stay happy being single on Valentines
- Why dating on Valentine's day is essential
- Is Valentine's day made for Christians only
- When to start looking for a date on Valentines
- Can you find your special someone on Valentines
- What are the chances of getting a lifelong partner on Valentines
- How does blind date works
- How much gift is preferable to give on Valentines
- Why should you invest in expensive Valentine gifts
- What Valentine gifts you should stay away from
- Signs that a person likes to date you on Valentines day
- How can you say that your Valentines day is a success
- It is necessary to be intimate on a Valentines day
- Should you dine in a restaurant or just at home on Valentines
- Valentines day vs wedding anniversary
- Valentines day gifts vs Christmas gifts
- Roses vs sunflowers on Valentines day
- Candle-light dinner vs buffet dinner on Valentines day
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.