Looking to write a new Video Game blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Video Game blog post topics to write about
- Video Game blogging ideas
- Other Video Game content ideas
- Real-world examples of Video Game blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Video Game blog ideas.
Video Game Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Video Game blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Video Game Consoles
- Game Reviews
- Role-playing Games
- Simulation Games
- Real-time Strategy Games
- Shooting Games
- Puzzle Games
- Adventure Games
- Action Games
- Battle Royale Games
- Racing Games
- Team Sports Games
- Educational Games
- Video Game Jobs
- Game Streaming Channels
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Video Game Blog Post Ideas
- Steps on how to start your video game blog
- How to limit your children's screen time
- How to balance your offline life and your digital one
- How to avoid hate spreads online
- How to prevent your kids from getting addicted to video games
- How to stream your live game
- How to become a pro gamer
- How to deal with game rage
- A beginner's guide on how to play the battle royale game
- How to become an MMO clan leader
- How to deal with cyberbullying in online gaming
- A beginner's guide to bots in gaming
- How to play games in iMessage
- How to get into the gaming industry
- How to become a video game collector
- How to successfully run a gaming blog
- How to make a role-playing game
- How to protect your game against theft
- How to start your game design career
- Steps on how to increase your game stream's visibility
- How to pick a game for your vlog streaming
- How to keep updated with the gaming trends
- How to play star wars battlefront 2
- How to know if your Xbox console is not good
- How to find cool Xbox accessories for gaming
- Steps on how to personalized your Sims 4 loading screen
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Video Game Content Ideas
- 10 best free games this year
- 5 common topics of games aside from their game
- 10 educational video games for your children
- 15 safe and non-violent video games for teenagers
- 5 types of video gamers today
- Top 8 best and trusted game reviewer websites
- Tips on protecting your identity and personal information
- Tips on using video games for educational purposes
- 5 most successful educational games
- List of newest games this year that shouldn't be missed
- List of best PC games of all time
- List of MOBA games you must try
- Top 5 best browsers for gaming
- Signs that you are a hardcore social gamer
- 5 skills that children learn from playing video games
- 20 video games to play when you need to relax
- 7 benefits of simulation games
- 20 best management games this year
- 15 most iconic fighting games ever
- 5 cheap games you can buy right now
- 8 online places to sell your old video games for cash
- 5 video games that have the best graphics
- 10 video games that can make you smarter
- 10 best sandbox games
- Top 5 Japanese games you should try
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Video Game Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Is Godfall still worth playing this year
- The future of the video game industry
- Why are video games addictive especially to teenagers
- The history of the video game industry
- The benefits of video games to children and teens
- The importance of knowing the rating system your children plays
- What do parents think about video games
- The impact of a pandemic on the video game industry
- The effect of video games on mental health
- How gaming can sharpen your mind
- How augmented reality games are changing the game industry
- An interview with the world's oldest video gamer
- What is alternative reality games
- Western vs. Japanese video games
- Why we should embrace a game-based learning system
- Why you should try simulation video games to evaluate your employees
- What is a simulation game
- The impact of artificial intelligence on video games today
- The future of augmented reality games
- Who is Stan Lee and what was his contribution to the gaming industry
- An interview with the highest-earning pro-female gamer
- What is a game space?
- Are video games considered a sport?
- How technology is changing the gaming industry
- Who was your favorite game character and why?
- The risk of online video games
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.