If you're looking to boost your email open rates and increase sales, your email subject line is the first (and most important) step in achieving those goals.
Did you know that 33% of email recipients open emails because of an engaging subject line?
That's why it's critical to craft a catchy email subject line that will get you the traffic and conversions you deserve.
We've put together a list of 105+ best veterans day email subject lines .
Some are proven examples from other successful campaigns, and some are creative ideas to inspire you.
Creative Email Subject Line Ideas
- Honor our veterans this Nov.
- You're a Plumbers On-Call subscriber. Now what?
- We are Plumbers On-Call. Let's stay connected.
- Summer is near. Schedule your AC maintenance service.
- Join our service club before it's too late
- Get started with Plumbers On-Call
- Your heating problems are now solved!
- One thing I forgot to mention...
- Install your heater without breaking the bank
- Flash sale alert on all services!
- There are no service coupons in this email
- We really shouldn't tell you this but...
- Our winter service savings plan is here
- Your air conditioner warranty is expiring soon
- John, check out our new services
- Finally, the best solutions for frozen pipes
- Thanks for buying your new dryer with us, John
- Jingle bells! Save 25% on kitchen remodeling.
- Take a look at our September specials, John
- Are icicles forming in your home?
- Enjoy this complimentary service as a birthday gift
- Have you prepared your pipes for the winter?
- Next steps after your service appointment
- Tired of wasting money on high heating bills?
- [Your company] thanks all our country’s veterans this Nov.
- Get more cabinet space with these easy ideas
- Happy holidays! Unwrap your savings on your new heater.
- What's the weather like in Fiji?
- Select maintenance services - 25% off!
- More about our electrical services
- Get a maintenance plan with your heater installation
- You'll fall in love with February's service specials.
- Are you looking for a certified electrician?
- We really don't expect you to open this email
- Are you taking advantage of our service specials?
- One day left to extend your HVAC warranty
- New details about your maintenance agreement
- We are glad you said yes to Plumbers On-Call.
- AC service appointment at 12:00 p.m.
- Take a virtual tour of our new facility
- Check out our new HVAC units
- This could be your final opportunity to save
- Savings that make us proud (Unlike our cousin, Joe)
- Ready to install your new dishwasher?
- Let's take another look at your service agreement
- Still in the market for new maintenance services?
- Check out our August service specials
- Get a complimentary gift when you buy a new service
- Your service plan ends soon
- Nice speaking with you about installation services
- Thanking those who served on Veterans Day
- How to find an affordable electrician
- Does the inside of your AC look like this?
- Is your heater broke? We have extra blankets.
- We're thankful for you. Enjoy 15% off your next service.
- It's your birthday, John! Time to celebrate with an offer.
- Welcome to Plumbers On-Call
- Get 10% off your next electrical service
- Save 30% on select services before the New Year
- Have you joined our customer loyalty program?
- Learn how to save hundreds of dollars in repair costs
- Book a new service & earn reward points
- Is your air conditioner ready for the summer heat?
- Is your air conditioner ready for the summer, John?
- You're part of the Plumbers On-Call family now
- 5 holiday gifts for the homeowner who has everything
- Get cozy this winter with a new heater
- Does your water heater need to be replaced?
- Hello John. Have you extended your warranty yet?
- Stop wasting money with an inefficient heater
- We know what your AC did last summer
- Hot or cold? Pick one.
- Hurray! You joined the Plumber On-Call team.
- Introducing our new Customer Program
- Happy Birthday, John! See what we got you.
- How does Plumbers On-Call work?
- You shouldn't open this email
- A surprise service discount for you!
- Is your furnace at least 10 years old?
- Black Friday Sale on all services
- When was the last time you serviced your heater, John?
- Happy Veterans Day from [your company]
- How to stay comfortable in the summer heat
- Ways to pay tribute to veterans in your community
- Celebrate with a complimentary service appointment
- We only have 3 service club memberships left
- Meet the newest plumber on our team
- Still, losing socks in the dryer?
- Don't miss this great deal on electrical wiring!
- Your dog is going to love this!
- HVAC maintenance plans - 30% off
- Here’s the most efficient heater in the world
- Learn more about Plumbers On-Call.
- How's your new air conditioner working?
- Great talking with you today
- Have you scheduled your heating service yet?
- Is your heater making these noises?
- You're in! Welcome to Plumbers On-Call.
- Want to save 25% on your heating bills?
- You're missing out on our September deals
- Guess what's in this email?
- Feel merry with 10% off your next service
- How to survive cold winter nights
- Do you need plumbing services?
- Exclusive on select heating services
GUIDE: How To Write A Great Subject Line
As we mentioned above, crafting a catchy subject line is critical to the performance of your email campaign.
While just a few words may seem like a small piece of your overall message, this is the first impression your audience will have before they decide whether to open your email.
If your subject line isn't engaging or appealing enough, there's a chance it could get buried in your reader's inbox.
Let's go over the proven tips on how to craft a subject line that boosts engagement:
What makes a great subject line?
First, let's discuss the fundamentals of creating a great subject line:
- Spark interest and curiosity
- A clear and urgent call to action
- An offer/intriguing discount
- Personalization (this can be done by sending out different versions of emails to subscribers based on their preferences)
- Relevance - make sure your subject line covers the current trends and topics within your industry
5 Tips To Crafting a Great Subject Line
Now, let's dive into the specifics of how to create a great subject line for your next campaign:
1. Use a familiar sender name
Although this may seem obvious, it's a piece many marketers miss the ball on.
Your readers want to feel like your email is coming from a human and not a corporation or automated system.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to do this is by changing the sender's name to YOUR name or someone in the company that is well known.
Here's a great example of this from Marketing Examples
Avoid the "no-reply" sender name at all costs. This makes your email feel unfamiliar, unapproachable, and less personable.
2. Keep your subject short and to the point
If your subject line is too long, it will get cut off, which could impact your reader's chances of opening your email.
The rule of thumb (for both mobile and desktop) is to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
3. Add personal touches to your subject line
If you have access to information about your subscriber (ie. name, location, etc), you can use this to benefit your subject line and catch your readers attention.
It's important not to go overboard here, but adding even the simplest touch such as their name can build trust and rapport.
Here's a great example of a personalized email + offer I received from BarkBox with my dog's name in the subject line:
4. Avoid making any false promises
Your subject line makes a commitment to your reader, so it's important you don't stretch the truth just to simply get more opens and clicks.
In the grand scheme of things, making false promises will end up hurting your open rate as your readers will lose trust in you.
5. Give them a sneak peek of what's inside
Telling your subscriber what is inside helps with open and clicks.
For example, if you're providing your reader with a free guide or e-book, consider making your subject line something along the lines of:
"Your FREE marketing e-book awaits!"
If you want your email campaign to perform well, it all starts with your subject line.
Think about the emails you receive in your inbox and what makes you click vs what gets buried - odds are, the same habits go for your customer.
We hope you enjoyed our guide + list of 105+ best veterans day email subject lines .
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.