Looking to write a new Thanksgiving-related blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Thanksgiving-related blog post topics to write about
- Thanksgiving-related blogging ideas
- Other Thanksgiving-related content ideas
- Real-world examples of Thanksgiving-related blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Thanksgiving-related blog ideas.
Thanksgiving-related Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Thanksgiving-related blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Thanksgiving Decorations
- Thanksgiving Foods
- Thanksgiving Cake
- Thanksgiving Gifts
- Thanksgiving DIY Crafts
- Thanksgiving Outfits
- Thanksgiving Traditions Around The World
- Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Desserts
- Gratitude Cards and Notes
- Thanksgiving Games and Activities
- Virtual Thanksgiving
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Thanksgiving-related Blog Post Ideas
- How to create a DIY thankful jar
- A step by step guide to cooking a turkey for beginners
- Guide on how to make a thank you card
- How to score in a Minute-To-Win-It Thanksgiving game
- How to play Thanksgiving charades game
- How to set up a Thanksgiving picnic in your backyard
- Steps on how to cook the best-mashed potato
- How to make a turkey soup
- How to stick on your diet even on Thanksgiving
- How to cook a turkey without an oven
- How to decorate your table for Thanksgiving dinner
- How to make your own Thanksgiving decorations
- How to achieve a perfect roast turkey for Thanksgiving
- Guide on how to celebrate Thanksgiving during the pandemic
- How to order Thanksgiving meals from a restaurant during the pandemic
- Process of making a Thanksgiving signature cocktail
- How to participate in a Turkey trot
- How to get your family involved in Thanksgiving preparation
- How to plan a virtual Thanksgiving celebration
- How to keep organized during Thanksgiving busy day
- Steps to achieve the best sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving
- A guide to a kid-friendly Thanksgiving Day-out
- Your ultimate guide to enjoying Thanksgiving with your pets
- How to host a virtual Thanksgiving during the pandemic
- How to set up a Zoom Thanksgiving party
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Thanksgiving Content Ideas
- 20 fun activities for kids on Thanksgiving day
- List of indoor Thanksgiving activities for the whole family
- List of needed supplies for Thanksgiving charade family game
- 30 ways to make your Thanksgiving fun
- 15 family Thanksgiving traditions you can try this year
- 10 traditional Thanksgiving recipes
- Tips on how to perfectly host a Thanksgiving dinner
- 15 best Thanksgiving marketing ideas
- Tips for a safe and happy Thanksgiving celebration
- List of things that remind you of Thanksgiving
- List of things to be thankful for this year
- 25 DIY Thanksgiving table works for kids to do while you're busy
- 10 ideas to make your virtual Thanksgiving a festive event
- List of ideas on how to celebrate Thanksgiving during a pandemic
- 5 vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes for kids
- 10 Thanksgiving alternatives for vegans
- List of movies to watch on Thanksgiving
- To-do list on Thanksgiving preparation
- Table setting tips for Thanksgiving dinner
- Playlist for Thanksgiving dinner
- Thanksgiving bucket list
- 15 inspirational Thanksgiving quotes
- Tips on how to achieve a successful virtual Thanksgiving
- List of recommended online shops for Thanksgiving
- Tips to avoid stress during Thanksgiving preparation
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Thanksgiving Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Why should we still celebrate Thanksgiving during this pandemic
- How important is Thanksgiving dinner
- What's the history of Thanksgiving
- Why it is important to show gratitude on Thanksgiving
- How do you describe your perfect Thanksgiving day
- Your favorite Thanksgiving day foods and why you love them
- Thanksgiving traditions around the world
- How does the world celebrate Thanksgiving
- Spending Thanksgiving alone at home
- What to wear on Thanksgiving dinner
- Why is the turkey a symbol of Thanksgiving
- What to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers
- Getting your kids to try new Thanksgiving foods
- Why some Americans don't celebrate Thanksgiving
- Unique Thanksgiving traditions around the world
- Budget plan for Thanksgiving celebration
- Setting up a budget-friendly Thanksgiving
- What is the essence of Thanksgiving
- Getting into shape after Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas
- Where to buy cheap Thanksgiving decorations
- The best side dishes for your turkey dinner
- Thanksgiving travel deals this pandemic
- Creating the best Thanksgiving memories this year
- Why are we celebrating Thanksgiving
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.