If you're looking to boost your email open rates and increase sales, your email subject line is the first (and most important) step in achieving those goals.
Did you know that 33% of email recipients open emails because of an engaging subject line?
That's why it's critical to craft a catchy email subject line that will get you the traffic and conversions you deserve.
We've put together a list of 296+ best summer email subject lines .
Some are proven examples from other successful campaigns, and some are creative ideas to inspire you.
Creative Email Subject Line Ideas
- AliExpress: Heads up: Get your hands on the hottest gadgets
- These summer savings are too hot to handle!
- Farewell, summer
- Tory Burch: The Miller Sandal: Pick a new shade for summer
- Torrid: Summer Layering 101
- J. Crew: Your summer-after-summer uniform
- NORDSTROM: Sun’s out: [email protected] de Soleil
- Don’t miss the sweetest summer deals of the season
- Surf’s up…but prices are down
- Tarte: Summer’s not cancelled!
- Summer breeze makes me feel fine
- Ulta Beauty: Oh, hey summer 😎
- Dive into summer with [brand]
- Do something great this Father’s Day
- HUGE summer clearance starts now — up to 60% off
- SHEIN: Summer shopping isn’t complete without these picks
- Summer Gets Better
- Don’t let your summer slip away!
- Philosophy: Dear diary, this Summer… I’ll be a little style hunter! 👗
- Topshop: Kendall + Kylie swimwear has landed
- Can you feel it? It’s getting warmer.
- SUMMER IS HERE! Swimsuits For All to the rescue
- Hey teacher! Leave them kids alone!
- Gap Kids: this is BIG (for sandcastles & pool parties)
- 20% off everything at [brand] for new graduates this July
- Hey, Sunshine ☀️ Check Out the New Summer Arrivals
- Summer New arrivals we know you’ll love ? + 15% Off
- Swim into summer this year
- 10 Dresses to Get Summer Started Right
- Bobbi Brown: Summer Inspiration: Rosé Glow.
- J.Crew Factory: Get extra 30% off these summer MVPs
- Thank you Dad
- Get a head start on summer – shop NEW styles on sale
- Old Navy: 60% OFF your summer essential
- Splash into Summer with our new collection!
- Summer Has Arrived…and so has our new collection
- Summer sale ends Saturday
- Pura Vida Bracelets: What’s hot this summer 🔥☀️🔥
- Goodbye summer. Hello school!
- Allbirds: Your Perfect Summer Sneakers
- Summa Summa Time! ☀️ Shop Dresses!
- LOFT: Summer’s “It” color is…
- Free delivery for summer lovers
- Real Simple: How to Plan the Perfect Summer Getaway
- DSW: Big brands. New sandals. $29.95 & under prices.
- Dive into Summer with these new Looks!
- Summer is Getting Closer: Grab a Deal Now
- Back to school discounts all this September
- Summer alert! 25% off every style for you, your family & friends
- Aerie: Your new summer shorts are inside
- Shop Our Summer Beauty Event
- Planning your Christmas shopping yet?
- Minibar Delivery: Red, White & Brews ?? ?
- Pull&Bear: 🕶 + 👟 + ☀️ = Summer!
- Hot promos for cool summer fun!
- Up to 40% OFF Spring Summer hits: make them yours
- Blaster Tag: Blaster Tag Summer Hours & Mobile Parties
- Function of Beauty: A zero effort summer hair technique?!
- Kate Spade: our best summer dresses are here
- Del Mar Racing: Summer is Heating Up
- Summer sale ends soon – everything must go!
- Kate Spade: Your summer style muse (and her chicest secret weapon)
- Pull&Bear: This summer’s colour: lilac! 🍦
- Don’t Miss These Summer Steals & Deals ☀️
- Don’t leave us summer!
- There’s still time for summer fun! Book ‘em before they’re gone
- Private Sale: enjoy 30% off our Spring-Summer Sale
- Join [brand] for our exclusive members’ virtual beach party
- Happy Father’s Day with the Zen Set
- CustomInk: You could win a summer prize pack or an iPad!
- Fire up the grill
- Summer Deals | BOGO 50% Off
- Banana Republic: Summer dresses to wear everywhere
- Food52: The holy trinity of summer salad tricks.
- Rip Curl: Earn Your Stars & Stripes
- Hot promo codes for cool school leavers
- Don’t sweat it: we’ve got savings for you [name]
- Summer is nearly here! Celebrate with [brand]
- Anthropologie: Best Dress(ed) for Summer: YOU!
- Get your top-to-toe summer glow!
- FATHER’S DAY IT’S HERE
- Whole Foods Market: 8 Summertime Sips That Sparkle
- ShopBop: The Go-To Summer Shoe
- What have you got your Dad, [name]?
- Tailgate: The summer sale keeps shining.
- REI: Make Summer Epic
- Old Navy: These shorts are actually $10 & summer is actually here!
- Are you ready for autumn? No!!!
- MORI: Ta-da our Summer Sale has more pieces
- Soak up the sun
- Oh, hey summer! 20% off graphic tees & sandals!
- RON ROBINSON: Swim Into Summer
- Name Bubbles: Before you head off to that BBQ…
- [name]: are you ready to go back to school?
- Pottery Barn Kids: Summer-ready savings! 20% OFF all tabletop + more saving
- Beach-body ready? Check out our members’ only sale
- Back to school savings from [brand]
- The heat is on! 20% off everything [brand] this week only
- Squeeze the last drops of fun out of summer
- The Cutest New Arrivals are here for Summer
- Function of Beauty: Is your hair ready for summer?
- Our summer collection is here at last!
- PatPat: Hear that? Summer’s calling
- THACKER NYC: The B I G B A N G Sale Starts Now! ??
- Who’s Your Daddy (Father’s Day sale line)
- Pharmaca: Shop EWG-approved sun care, on sale now!
- You don’t want to miss these summer deals!
- Discounts that are too hot to handle
- Who’s the daddy?
- Summer Fri-Yay! BOGO 50% off!
- Summer Sale Ends Monday!
- ☀️ Summer Essentials ☀️ $15 or Less
- Pull&Bear: Shorts + Tops + Sandals = Summer vibes 🖤
- Summer is almost here…SALE starts today!
- Summer is short. Get your XXX before it’s over!
- 🌼 $10 off our summer beauty scents
- Summer Savings Weekend Sale STARTS NOW!
- Keep summertime rolling [name] with these [brand] savings
- west elm: Take it outside 🌞 Up to 40% off Garden Furniture, decor & more
- Pottery Barn: July 4th Savings + Free Shipping
- Start of summer sale now on
- Spending summer at home this year?
- Chandon: Perfect Summer Party Day 1: Sparkling Red Snow Cone
- Yelp: Rise and Shine, It’s Beach Time
- Summer never looked so good
- AllSaints: Best of the Summer Sale
- 20% off your new summer wardrobe this weekend only
- Our ☀ Summer Sale Event ☀ starts NOW! Save up to 75%
- Hello, sunshine
- Just another school year? Not quite…
- lucy: Cool. Carefree. Capris.
- Ralph Lauren: Summer Essentials
- rag & bone: Summer Whites
- Rent the Runway: A sale that’s better than fireworks
- Your Summer Checklist ☀?✔
- Christmas in July
- J.C. Penney: Under $10 summer styles for the family—polos, tees & more
- Father’s Day Special from [Brand Name]
- Found! THE dress for your busy summer schedule.
- Banana Republic: Just In: Effortless Summer Styles
- Charming Charlie: NEW crossbodies & summer dresses. Yes & yes!
- Bloomingdale’s: Sun’s Out! 10 Beach-Bound Essentials for Him & Her
- Your Summer Checklist ☀🌸✔
- Crate&Barrel: Summer clearance is so good this year.
- JRINK: The Top 5 Flavors for Summer
- Jump into summer
- You’re invited to our summer event
- Tuft & Needle: Summer is here. So are big savings.
- Sweaty Betty: The leggings made for summer workouts
- Virgin America: Float away this summer with fares from $69 one way
- Relax…and dive into summer with a special gift
- Fathers’ Day gift ideas
- New Arrivals! + 30% Off Father’s Day Gift
- Monki: Trending now: Summer romance
- ASOS: Summer, say 👋 to prints
- How to make the most of the summer months
- Join the party and get the most out of summer
- Baby, it’s hot outside
- MORI: The safest way to sleep this summer
- Be ready for Summer (with free shipping)
- DAVIDsTEA: Your summer iced tea is on us.
- The Land of Nod: Games for All Summer Long
- What to get Dad this Fathers’ Day
- Starts today! 50% off tops perfect for summer
- REMINDER! FATHER’S DAY IS [date]!
- DSW: Sandals $29.95 & under = a happy closet
- Get a Head Start on Summer
- New Season, New Arrivals For Summer
- One Kings Lane: Quick-ship outdoor furniture to enjoy all summer long
- Stars, Stripes, and Sales
- Summer weekend style – 25% off
- Get ready for summer w/ an EXTRA 20% OFF!
- It can’t last forever: [brand]’s summer sale ends on Sunday
- ? Summer style is ON! Get Free Shipping
- Stock Up On All Your Summer Clothes
- SUMMER Sale: up to 50% off
- Here’s BOGO to help you get ready for summer!
- Abercrombie & Fitch: Summer Sale is still ON.
- 🌞 Summer style is ON! Get Free Shipping
- We know what you did last summer
- Topshop: The big summer sale edit
- Summertime and the livin’ is easy
- End of summer close-out sale now on
- Don’t let coronavirus spoil the summer vibe!
- Guitar Center: Fun in the Sun Savings End Today
- Crocs: Florals are in for SUMMER 🌸
- The Stationery Studio: Up to $25 Off Patriotic Parties
- Summer picks for everyone (a.k.a. you)
- 100s of NEW markdowns added to our Summer Sale!
- Whole Foods Market: Beer Cocktails and Grilled Pizza? Hello, Summer!
- Neiman Marcus: Try out a lighter palette for summer
- This is it – 50% Off Summer favs
- Summer Treats Start Today
- A new class of 2021 – welcome to [brand]!
- ? $10 off our summer beauty scents
- Summer arrivals keep on coming
- Get Fathers’ Day sorted
- Food52: We pledge allegiance to the picnic.
- Your back to school checklist
- Get your garden fit for summer
- Bath & Body Works: on the calendar: summer & sale. 🗓
- Take a dip
- Etienne Aigner: Everything You Need For A Stylish Summer Getaway
- katespade.com: our take on beach essentials (plus, a present for you!)
- west elm: Say hello to the summer sale ⛱️
- Here Comes the Sun ☀ Save Now!
- Blazing hot
- We’ve got hot stuff waiting for you…
- Nights are drawing in… More time to party!
- Can you feel it? Hot deals for warm weekends
- These Summer Styles are 🔥 🔥 🔥
- Summer Weekend Style up to 30% off!
- Who’s your daddy!? – Father’s Day Sale
- Rip Curl: WAVE THE FLAG
- Rip Curl: Made For Independence Day
- Ulta Beauty: 🥅 Our summer goal 👇
- Toms: Take your toes on an adventure | Beach-ready styles
- Unison: Red White +Blue Cool
- Crate and Barrel: Let the fireworks begin
- Patagonia: Summer favorites
- New styles just in time for Summer
- Summer is almost over, and the heat is on
- DAVIDsTEA: It’s time for something exotic…
- Morphe: 5 deals for a good-lookin’ summer
- Put the books away and get outside with [brand]
- Gap Kids: rarely on sale! stock up on summer must-haves
- Celebrate the end of school with [brand]’s summer discounts!
- Topshop: The five shoes of summer
- We’re having a heatwave
- Birchbox: What’s Your Biggest Summer Beauty Bummer?
- Kick off a summer to remember with [brand]
- Abercrombie & Fitch: The ultimate summer must-haves.
- Jane, Your summer savings will disappear soon
- 50% off Fathers’ Day gifts from [brand] – sale ends Monday!
- Surf’s Up! 🌊
- The Endless Summer
- Monki: The best summer dresses out RN!
- west elm: 😎 Summer Sale: Up to 50% off 😎
- [name] – have a cold one on us!
- Bye-bye beach…
- Urban Outfitters: The 7 pieces you need this summer ☀️
- Up to 40% off – but the days are getting shorter…
- lucy: Summer’s on sale. up to 40% off
- Beat the heat
- What everyone is ____ this summer
- Macy’s: 40-60% off that summer wardrobe refresh
- Our Holiday Deals? Summer Pretty Good
- Bath & Body Works: 🐥summer. semi-annual sale. it’s back. 🐥
- NYX: This NEW body oil is a summer essential!
- Watermelon sugar
- New lines added to our end of summer blowout!
- Etsy: 4th of July decor
- Summer is on the way: all spring lines discounted!
- Banana Republic: Pursuit Of The Perfect Summer Pant
- Supergoop: Summer Workout Goals
- Your last chance for summer savings
- CB2: jumpstart summer with these 3 hot offers
- Cool off with …
- Estee Lauder: Escape to Summer ☀️🌊
- Hello sunshine! Don’t miss these offers
- Bloomingdale’s: Quick! Save 50% on Women’s Swimsuits & Cover Ups
- Trade-in your old textbooks today for CASH
- Make the good times last longer with this exclusive promo code
- Midsummer madness
- LOFT: Meet Your Summer Loves
- Are you ready for the heat [name]?
- American Eagle: Your guide to summer shorts (up to 60% off!)
- Wet Hot American Summer
- Chandon: Don’t Miss Our Summer Party!
- Surf’s Up! ?
- You did it! Here’s our exclusive discount code
- Rockets of Awesome: Bring the beach inside this summer! 🏖️
- School’s out for the summer
- These Summer Styles are ? ? ?
- Free People: re: The Heat Wave
- 20% off all your back-to-school needs
- The Music Zoo: 30 Red, White and Blue Guitars & Basses for Summer
- Dog days of summer
- Summer in the city
- Grads are rad! Check out our exclusive end of school offers
- Our summer sale is coming…
- Swimwear 365: Seas the Day
- Bath & Body Works: summer suds. ✔️sunshine. ✔️virtual celebration. ✔️
- If you can’t stand the 🔥, get ready with these SUMMER deals
- Lavish Alice: Summer Dresses You Need ☀️
- Are you ready to chill?
- Up to 70% off – summer is served
- NEW Summer Colors Will Give Your Room A Breezy Vibe
- Sloat Garden Center: Birds, bees, and warm weather color!
- Summer New arrivals we know you’ll love 💖 + 15% Off
- School’s out for summer!
- Weekend Sherpa: Beaches & Beverages
- Treat your Dad in style this Fathers’ Day
- Get Ready for Summer! Swimwear Sale ☼ Up to 30% Off
- Kate Spade: Hello Sailor
- Blue Apron: Get that instant summer feeling with $80 OFF.
GUIDE: How To Write A Great Subject Line
As we mentioned above, crafting a catchy subject line is critical to the performance of your email campaign.
While just a few words may seem like a small piece of your overall message, this is the first impression your audience will have before they decide whether to open your email.
If your subject line isn't engaging or appealing enough, there's a chance it could get buried in your reader's inbox.
Let's go over the proven tips on how to craft a subject line that boosts engagement:
What makes a great subject line?
First, let's discuss the fundamentals of creating a great subject line:
- Spark interest and curiosity
- A clear and urgent call to action
- An offer/intriguing discount
- Personalization (this can be done by sending out different versions of emails to subscribers based on their preferences)
- Relevance - make sure your subject line covers the current trends and topics within your industry
5 Tips To Crafting a Great Subject Line
Now, let's dive into the specifics of how to create a great subject line for your next campaign:
1. Use a familiar sender name
Although this may seem obvious, it's a piece many marketers miss the ball on.
Your readers want to feel like your email is coming from a human and not a corporation or automated system.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to do this is by changing the sender's name to YOUR name or someone in the company that is well known.
Here's a great example of this from Marketing Examples
Avoid the "no-reply" sender name at all costs. This makes your email feel unfamiliar, unapproachable, and less personable.
2. Keep your subject short and to the point
If your subject line is too long, it will get cut off, which could impact your reader's chances of opening your email.
The rule of thumb (for both mobile and desktop) is to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
3. Add personal touches to your subject line
If you have access to information about your subscriber (ie. name, location, etc), you can use this to benefit your subject line and catch your readers attention.
It's important not to go overboard here, but adding even the simplest touch such as their name can build trust and rapport.
Here's a great example of a personalized email + offer I received from BarkBox with my dog's name in the subject line:
4. Avoid making any false promises
Your subject line makes a commitment to your reader, so it's important you don't stretch the truth just to simply get more opens and clicks.
In the grand scheme of things, making false promises will end up hurting your open rate as your readers will lose trust in you.
5. Give them a sneak peek of what's inside
Telling your subscriber what is inside helps with open and clicks.
For example, if you're providing your reader with a free guide or e-book, consider making your subject line something along the lines of:
"Your FREE marketing e-book awaits!"
If you want your email campaign to perform well, it all starts with your subject line.
Think about the emails you receive in your inbox and what makes you click vs what gets buried - odds are, the same habits go for your customer.
We hope you enjoyed our guide + list of 296+ best summer email subject lines .
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
In order to be successful, you need to be visible online. If you're not, then your competitors might be stealing customers from you.
Semrush lets you quickly create content that ranks, and compete with the biggest brands in your niche.
Try Semrush Free Today ➜