If you're looking to boost your email open rates and increase sales, your email subject line is the first (and most important) step in achieving those goals.
Did you know that 33% of email recipients open emails because of an engaging subject line?
That's why it's critical to craft a catchy email subject line that will get you the traffic and conversions you deserve.
We've put together a list of 120+ special offers email subject lines (that work!).
Some are proven examples from other successful campaigns, and some are creative ideas to inspire you.
Creative Email Subject Line Ideas
- Storage problem is solved
- Free deal for loyal members
- Our Gift to You – $10 Promotional Gift Card
- Free Service Upgrade — get more for less!
- Pre-Summer Sale on 4th of July travel
- $ 10 promotional gift card
- Grand Opening Sale: 25% off all services
- It’s time for your cleaning! Come in for a free electric toothbrush
- Complimentary gift wrap free on all your purchases.
- Get insider tips on our Facebook Page
- “[Brand Name]’s back for fall”
- Cyber Monday Madness — Everything on Sale!
- Up to 30 percent off on your favorite clothing.
- 🍁The [Brand Name] Start of Fall Sale!🍂
- Last chance to get this hot deal
- We want your feedback! $50 for your thoughts
- 4 days only. 10 percent off and free shipping.
- Share the love. Get 50% off when you refer someone this month!
- Follow us on Twitter and grab your hot deals.
- Start your New Year Off Right — 25% off Spa Packages
- Warm up to savings!
- Refer your special one and get free service.
- Winter is coming – we’ve got a sale!
- Get hot deals on age-defying beauty tricks
- Everything on sale
- Extended. 48- hour sale – 20 percent off coupon
- Snow day sale
- $2 off for every inch of snow!
- $14 Days of Yoga for $14
- Last chance to earn $200 while doing your shopping
- Free gift to the first 100 visitors
- Enjoy your birthday gift. Your gift is on us.
- We are thankful to our customers. Free coupon
- Last chance to get hot deals on designer clothes
- Review your vacation and get 30% off your next booking!
- Hurry up or else you will regret
- $5 Deal Day! Get ‘Em While You Can!
- Her style awaits.
- Last day. Pick your 6 favs.
- Cool off with a sale
- Black Friday Weekend Banger
- Coupon code for $ 30 off on $150 purchase
- Loyalty Members: 40% off today!
- Get it while It’s in the stock
- 1-DAY ONLY Doorbusters!
- First Cycling Class is FREE!
- EXTENDED! 48-Hour Sale – 10% Off Coupon
- 5 big discounts you won’t want to miss this month
- A new product that you would not pass on
- $50 Massage today at 12:30 pm
- We’ll do your taxes for $50
- 7 Spa Treatments to Put You on the “Nice List”
- Our 5 Year Anniversary—$5 off every November class
- 9-minute miracles. Try out these products.
- Warm up to savings.
- Don’t wait or else you will miss out the biggest sale
- Get 10 percent off on all your purchases.
- Your saving code is expiring today
- Get out of debt! FREE credit counseling session
- Book now, save later: 25% off summer services!
- The new collection of the season is here
- We love you. Flash sale today
- Save with this week’s flyer
- 11 Great Deals for the Next 2 Days
- Get more kitchen space with these DIY tricks
- Time is running out. Grab your hot deal
- Cute and adorable fashions for your baby
- We’re thankful for our customers: Coupon Inside
- BOGO teeth whitening treatments this month!
- Plumbing problem? Let us fix it — deal inside!
- Tonight only: A denim lover dream
- $30 Massages! 1 Day Only!
- Last chance to save your hard earned money
- Ends today. Hot deal of the day
- Weekend sale. Hot deals only for you
- Sale Alert. Grab today only.
- Two for two, three for three
- You are invited. 10 percent off for beauty products
- Can’t take the heat? How about this sale?
- Luxury sale is waiting for you.
- Friends & Family Week – 25% off all services
- $0 Enrollment Fee — Membership Sale
- Say hello to a new you — $49 women’s hair cuts
- Share the love – refer someone and get next service FREE!
- See the fashion best deals on Instagram
- Snow Day SALE!
- Ending in 26 hours. 25 percent off on shopping
- Tell us more & get $50 off your next trip
- One day left. Hotel sale
- National drink wine day: up to 30 percent off on your favorite brand
- Hot Savings for 3 Days ONLY!
- BLACK FRIDAY SALE / Kendrick Lamar x Reebok Classic CL Luxe Olive / Bedwin x The Heartbreakers x Adidas Originals collection
- Don’t wear last year old style
- Deals for fresh look
- Your beauty issues resolved
- Hot savings for 5 days only
- Save big on your marriage anniversary shopping
- Say Goodbye to your PMI
- Here’s a reason to smile: FREE teeth whitening
- Free Gift! Happy Valentine’s Day, Sweetheart!
- #NationalDrinkWineDay – 15% Off Your Favorites!
- Friday might hot deals and discounts that you don’t want to miss
- Tonight only. Save $ 4 on your order.
- Free shipping extended
- Feed your family members without breaking your bank.
- Sign up to know your hot deals
- One Day Left: Hotel Sale
- 2 weeks Unlimited Classes for $50
- Start your new year with 30 percent off. Spa packages
- Hundreds of new sales discounts and deals added today
- Coupon Code for $25 off $100 purchase
- Say goodbye to your bad debts.
- Refer a friend: Get a $50 Amazon gift card
- Breaking news! Up to 25 off for today only
- Breaking News! $25 off Today Only!
- Discover bride latest fashion and grab hot deals
- Get out of debt. Free credit counselling session
- Because We Love You – Flash Sale Today!
- Exclusive deal: free samples of famous facial masks
- $ 5 off for every inch of snow.
- Family and friends week. Up to 60 percent off
- New must haves for your office
- Winter is coming. We got a sale for you.
- Free gift on Christmas carnival
GUIDE: How To Write A Great Subject Line
As we mentioned above, crafting a catchy subject line is critical to the performance of your email campaign.
While just a few words may seem like a small piece of your overall message, this is the first impression your audience will have before they decide whether to open your email.
If your subject line isn't engaging or appealing enough, there's a chance it could get buried in your reader's inbox.
Let's go over the proven tips on how to craft a subject line that boosts engagement:
What makes a great subject line?
First, let's discuss the fundamentals of creating a great subject line:
- Spark interest and curiosity
- A clear and urgent call to action
- An offer/intriguing discount
- Personalization (this can be done by sending out different versions of emails to subscribers based on their preferences)
- Relevance - make sure your subject line covers the current trends and topics within your industry
5 Tips To Crafting a Great Subject Line
Now, let's dive into the specifics of how to create a great subject line for your next campaign:
1. Use a familiar sender name
Although this may seem obvious, it's a piece many marketers miss the ball on.
Your readers want to feel like your email is coming from a human and not a corporation or automated system.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to do this is by changing the sender's name to YOUR name or someone in the company that is well known.
Here's a great example of this from Marketing Examples
Avoid the "no-reply" sender name at all costs. This makes your email feel unfamiliar, unapproachable, and less personable.
2. Keep your subject short and to the point
If your subject line is too long, it will get cut off, which could impact your reader's chances of opening your email.
The rule of thumb (for both mobile and desktop) is to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
3. Add personal touches to your subject line
If you have access to information about your subscriber (ie. name, location, etc), you can use this to benefit your subject line and catch your readers attention.
It's important not to go overboard here, but adding even the simplest touch such as their name can build trust and rapport.
Here's a great example of a personalized email + offer I received from BarkBox with my dog's name in the subject line:
4. Avoid making any false promises
Your subject line makes a commitment to your reader, so it's important you don't stretch the truth just to simply get more opens and clicks.
In the grand scheme of things, making false promises will end up hurting your open rate as your readers will lose trust in you.
5. Give them a sneak peek of what's inside
Telling your subscriber what is inside helps with open and clicks.
For example, if you're providing your reader with a free guide or e-book, consider making your subject line something along the lines of:
"Your FREE marketing e-book awaits!"
If you want your email campaign to perform well, it all starts with your subject line.
Think about the emails you receive in your inbox and what makes you click vs what gets buried - odds are, the same habits go for your customer.
We hope you enjoyed our guide + list of 120+ special offers email subject lines (that work!).
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.