Looking to write a new Self-Defense blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Self-Defense blog post topics to write about
- Self-Defense blogging ideas
- Other Self-Defense content ideas
- Real-world examples of Self-Defense blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Self-Defense blog ideas.
Self-Defense Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Self-Defense blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Self Defense Classes
- Unarmed Combat
- Armed Combat
- Physical Self Defense
- Self Defense Training
- Relative Defense
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Self Defense Benefits
- Quick Fix Items
- Self Defense for Women
- Street Fight Tactics
- Self Defence Against Weapons
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Self-Defense Blog Post Ideas
- How to teach your kids to
- How to avoid injury during your training
- The ultimate guide to Krav Maga training
- How to learn self-defense through solo training
- How to use your adrenaline in self-defense
- How to use your hand and feet as self-defense against your attacker
- How to survive an active shooter
- How to properly react to a gun
- How to improve your self-defense skills
- How to recognize a threat
- Guide on proper execution of elbow strike
- How to stay safe in crowded places
- How to select the best knife self-defense for you
- How to teach self-defense for the seniors
- How to learn Taekwondo
- How to use a hat for self-defense
- How to safely escape from your aggressor
- An ultimate guide to cardio kickboxing training
- How to defend yourself from a robbery
- Guide on learning the best self-defense moves for women
- How to properly use self-defense against bullying
- Guide on selecting the proper and best self-defense tools for teenagers
- How to create an opportunity to safely escape when your opponent holds you down
- How to effectively use pressure points in self-defense situations
- Guide on how to protect yourself from assailant without using a weapon
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Self-Defense Content Ideas
- 20 self-defense tactics for kids
- 5 tips to avoid beating up by bullies
- 10 tips to learn self-defense faster
- 5 self-defense against a knife attack
- 10 hand-carry self-defense devices for women
- 7 myths about women self-defense
- 10 simple yet effective self-defense
- 8 basic self-defense to save yourself
- 10 myths about martial arts
- 100+ self-defense tips and advice from an expert
- 12 weapons for self-defense that should be in your bag
- 5 daily habits you should do to improve your self-defense skills
- List of benefits of online martial arts training
- 20 quick self-defense tips to keep you safe when danger strikes
- 5 must-have attitudes to overpower your opponent without hurting them physically
- 5 ways for women to safely escape from dangerous situations
- 8 self-defense moves that can send attackers away
- List of basic self-defense postures
- 3 ways on how to safely get out of the car and safely escape from your attacker unnoticed
- 5 useful tips about self-defense
- Different types of stun guns you can use as self-defense
- 5 tips for improving your chances of surviving violent situations
- 4 techniques on becoming a woman of steel
- 7 tips for teens to easily learn the basic combat self-defense
- 5 common-sense self-defense that you can use in different situations
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Self-Defense Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Benefits of learning self-defense for women
- Why learning self-defense is important
- The importance of learning self-defense
- Difference between self-protection and self-defense
- What is a chi power and how does it work
- Understanding the realities of self-defense
- The goal of self-defense
- Practicing self-defense techniques at home
- Understanding the stages of Assault
- Is jujitsu self-defense?
- An interview with our local self-defense coach
- The importance of your footwork
- My experience from a real assault
- When do we say that it's no longer a self-defense
- Learning chokes and sleeper holds
- Approaches to self-defense training
- Understanding ground combat
- What is Krav Maga
- Understanding the art of fighting without fighting
- Identifying the vulnerable and vital body parts to hit when dealing with combat self-defense
- Importance of always bringing a pepper spray
- Tackling self-defense against rape
- What is self-defense insurance and is it worth it?
- Historical background of self-defense
- Defending yourself when you don't want to fight back
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.