Looking to write a new roofing blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Roofing blog post topics to write about
- Roofing blogging ideas
- Other roofing content ideas
- Real-world examples of roofing blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right roofing blog ideas.
Roofing Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular roofing blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Residential roofing
- Commercial roofing
- Roofing materials
- Types of roofing
- Unique roofing designs
- Roofing Problems
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Roofing Blog Post Ideas
- How to fix your roof with under $5000
- How to find the best roof materials
- How to paint your roof effectively
- How to find the right design for your roof
- How to make your roof last longer
- How to change your roofing safely
- The complete guide in building the best roofing
- How to find the right color for your roof
- How to beautify your room without spending that much
- How to find the best size of roof for your home
- How to spot a good roof material from not
- How to know if your roof is a defective one
- How to find the right company for roof installation
- The ultimate guide to increasing the lifespan of your roof
- How to make your roof invulnerable to rain
- How to build good roofing with lesser expenses
- How to clean your roof safely [a step-by-step guide]
- How to make your roof look better
- How to store your roof materials safely
- How to make improvised roofing for your home
- How to build a solid rock roof
- How to put good insulation on your roof
- How to make your roof absorb less heat
- How to start your own roofing blog
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Roofing Content Ideas
- List of the best roofing brands
- List of the best colors for your roof
- Roofing Contractors near you
- Top roofing sealants to help you with repairs
- Most popular roofing designs this 2021
- Top roofs that are considered storm-proof
- Great ways to do to get roofing materials discount online
- 30 great roofing designs for your home
- List of the different businesses related to roofing
- Best examples of efficient roofs for tropical countries
- The characteristics of good roofing in your home
- The different alternatives for expensive roofing costs
- The benefits of building a roofing blog
- The different screws used in roofing
- List of the most common types of roofing
- Creative roofing designs that you can go for
- List of the roofing materials must-haves for your home
- 10 proofs that the best roofs do not need to be expensive
- List of the best roofing blogs that you can read
- Countrywise roofing concepts
- Roofing facts that every homeowner must know about
- The strengths and weaknesses of every roof type
- Amazing ways to find roof leakage quickly
- List of the weirdest roofs on the planet
- The differences between traditional roofing and modern roofing
- Tips in maintaining your roofings well
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Roofing Blog Post Topic Ideas
- The history of roofing
- The ancient way of making roofs
- How roofing materials are made
- The weaknesses of the roofing industry
- Is it possible for the roof to last a lifetime
- Is the roofing industry doing well nowadays
- Is it easy to start a roofing business
- Residential roofing vs commercial roofing
- What is the best roofing for skyscrapers
- Is it practical to invest a lot of money in roofing
- Is it difficult to find a good roofing company for your property
- How good roofing can increase your property's value
- How much money do you need to start a roofing business
- What requirements do you need to open a roofing business
- What is industrial roofing
- Is it essential to put insulation sheets on your roofing
- The best characteristics that you must look for in a roof insulator
- Sealants vs complete replacement
- Is it safe to recycle old roofs
- How long should roof sealants last
- When is the perfect time to clean your roof
- Why it is important to check your roof regularly
- Unusual things you can do on your rooftop
- Roofing techniques that every installer should know
- What to do with your old roofs
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.