If you're looking to boost your email open rates and increase sales, your email subject line is the first (and most important) step in achieving those goals.
Did you know that 33% of email recipients open emails because of an engaging subject line?
That's why it's critical to craft a catchy email subject line that will get you the traffic and conversions you deserve.
We've put together a list of 100+ retargeting email subject lines (that work!).
Some are proven examples from other successful campaigns, and some are creative ideas to inspire you.
Creative Email Subject Line Ideas
- GoDaddy: "Complete your order today"
- How to increase sale with Facebook ads?
- Limited sale offer: ending in few hours.
- Ipage: "Are you ready to get your website built? We have 2 great options!"
- 15 ways to increase traffic on your website
- New arrival is just around the corner. Hurry up
- We have stopped working, please open this email.
- New Year bumper sale
- 75 percent off on all the marketing campaigns
- The 10 second sales pitch
- Exclusive sale is ending today in 2 hours.
- Vivino: “We are not gonna Give Up on You!”
- Bonobos: “Hey, forget something? Here’s 20% off.”
- Final notice: Perfect offer for your son
- Get 10% Off on Our [Product Name]
- The power of filled pockets
- I am deleting your account.
- How to make sales in the right way
- TigerDirectB2B: "Deal Alert! Laptops Up To $1,450 Off"
- [Company Name] Sales & Marketing Newsletter
- New arrivals only for you
- Marketer events for 4 days is starting today
- Am I really the bad guy?
- Best Buy: "Hey early birds, save up to $650 on the new Samsung Galaxy S10"
- Old Navy: "😱 $10 S W E A T E R S fans self"
- 8 reasons why they joined.
- Unroll.Me: “⚠ Unroll.Me has stopped working”
- Huge announcement. New arrivals in store.
- A must watch video to increase sale of your online store
- Last chance. Yes our website is closing tonight
- Our paid traffic playlist
- This product is still available with us.
- Ovh: "The perfect solution for your backup storage challenges"
- Convert your leads into sales
- ZipRecruiter: " Mary, we have a client looking for candidates like you"
- Facing problem in customer conversion? Download now
- Are you struggling to boost your sales?
- We are not going to give on you.
- 2 secrets for selling online courses
- Your products are lying in shopping cart
- Congratulations!! We want your next order also
- Let’s fix your problem. Grab this offer
- What to get out of email marketing?
- This product is still in our inventory but would be sold out soon
- You have left something? Can we help you?
- Secret behind seven figure online business
- Is this client really worth?
- Seasonal Greeting from [Company Name]
- Startup Drugz: "Rescue your abandoned cart today!"
- Blog posts that will guide to become a successful businessmen
- Become a certified digital marketer
- Nick Stephenson: “How you can afford Your First 10,000 Readers (closing tonight)”
- 6 tips on how to create online courses.
- Are you missing out on these features?
- Sears: "Want to know your cart status?"
- Start using Facebook ads.
- Good news: the price of designer clothes are dropping
- Offering you my personal email id
- Last chance. Sale is ending tonight
- Reach your audience.
- Animoto: “Did you miss out on some of these new features?”
- How to get your 1,000 subscribers in 1 month
- Psychology of the customer: sale voucher
- Target: “The price dropped for something in your cart”
- Huge announcement. Brand new product launch
- The price has been dropped only for you.
- Claim your discount coupon
- Thanks for your interest. We are waiting for your next order.
- The deal of your lifetime is coming
- Syed from Envira: “Mary, your Envira account is on hold!”
- You need to develop new technology
- Secrets of profitable online business
- Google: "Bring Google Analytics and Google Ads together"
- [Company Name] Invites You to the [Event Name]
- Do you still need more subscribers?
- Do you think that I am crazy
- Your recently viewed items
- Hey forget something? Here is up to 50 percent off
- The perfect product launch of 2019
- Flash sale. Up to 99 percent off on toys
- Get more sales with this technique
- Bad news. We are closing down
- Syed from Envira: “I’m deleting your Envira account”
- Ultimate guide to Instagram ads.
- I knew I was wrong.
- How to get 20,000 $ sales in just 3 months?
- J.Crew: "Maria we have New stuff, right this way"
- This is a little embarrassing that you are going away
- Hurry! Items in your wish list are back in stock
- Harry, your account is on hold
- JVzoo: "James, Your COUPON has arrived"
- How to afford your first 11,000 readers?
- 14 killer content marketing strategies.
- Pinterest: “Good News: Your Pin’s price dropped!”
- 6 deadly mistakes to lose customers
- Automatic sales: How to turn clicks into leads and into sales
- Your shopping bags are ready and waiting….
- The tested and proven framework
- Your March Issue of [Magazine Name] is here
- Ugmonk: “Offering you my personal email”
- Tomorrow is your day. Hurry up
- Rosetta Stone: "3 Bonus Months!"
GUIDE: How To Write A Great Subject Line
As we mentioned above, crafting a catchy subject line is critical to the performance of your email campaign.
While just a few words may seem like a small piece of your overall message, this is the first impression your audience will have before they decide whether to open your email.
If your subject line isn't engaging or appealing enough, there's a chance it could get buried in your reader's inbox.
Let's go over the proven tips on how to craft a subject line that boosts engagement:
What makes a great subject line?
First, let's discuss the fundamentals of creating a great subject line:
- Spark interest and curiosity
- A clear and urgent call to action
- An offer/intriguing discount
- Personalization (this can be done by sending out different versions of emails to subscribers based on their preferences)
- Relevance - make sure your subject line covers the current trends and topics within your industry
5 Tips To Crafting a Great Subject Line
Now, let's dive into the specifics of how to create a great subject line for your next campaign:
1. Use a familiar sender name
Although this may seem obvious, it's a piece many marketers miss the ball on.
Your readers want to feel like your email is coming from a human and not a corporation or automated system.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to do this is by changing the sender's name to YOUR name or someone in the company that is well known.
Here's a great example of this from Marketing Examples
Avoid the "no-reply" sender name at all costs. This makes your email feel unfamiliar, unapproachable, and less personable.
2. Keep your subject short and to the point
If your subject line is too long, it will get cut off, which could impact your reader's chances of opening your email.
The rule of thumb (for both mobile and desktop) is to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
3. Add personal touches to your subject line
If you have access to information about your subscriber (ie. name, location, etc), you can use this to benefit your subject line and catch your readers attention.
It's important not to go overboard here, but adding even the simplest touch such as their name can build trust and rapport.
Here's a great example of a personalized email + offer I received from BarkBox with my dog's name in the subject line:
4. Avoid making any false promises
Your subject line makes a commitment to your reader, so it's important you don't stretch the truth just to simply get more opens and clicks.
In the grand scheme of things, making false promises will end up hurting your open rate as your readers will lose trust in you.
5. Give them a sneak peek of what's inside
Telling your subscriber what is inside helps with open and clicks.
For example, if you're providing your reader with a free guide or e-book, consider making your subject line something along the lines of:
"Your FREE marketing e-book awaits!"
If you want your email campaign to perform well, it all starts with your subject line.
Think about the emails you receive in your inbox and what makes you click vs what gets buried - odds are, the same habits go for your customer.
We hope you enjoyed our guide + list of 100+ retargeting email subject lines (that work!).
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!