News is a major medium of information and entertainment for a large part of the world population. As a result, it is of interest to watch news trends on twitter to understand what happens in the world.
Twitter has become a popular tool for sharing information between users. According to twitter , an average of 340 million tweets are generated every day. With so many tweets, it's easy to see why twitter is one of the best platforms to stay connected and get the latest updates on almost anything happening in this world .
News trends on Twitter have been a fascinating look at not only what people are interested in, but how it changes over time.
We’ve rounded up 15 of today’s best News Twitter accounts below.
These accounts are the most informative, relevant, and engaging accounts on Twitter in 2022.
Here they are:
1. CNN Breaking News - @cnnbrk
The CNN Twitter account tweets breaking news updates from around the world, so you'll know what's going on in far away parts of the globe while you are sitting behind closed doors.
CNN's coverage focuses on current events and breaking news, with a particular focus on American and international news.
About CNN Breaking News:
- Ted Turner is the Founder of CNN Breaking News
- CNN Breaking News has 61.9M followers on Twitter
2. The New York Times - @nytimes
This is the official Twitter account of The New York Times, one of the United States' most important and respected newspapers. It is not just an account on Twitter, they are the voice of America.
The feed provides updates and discussions about world news with emphasis on American topics that will keep you informed no matter where your citizenship lies
About The New York Times:
- George Jones is the Founder of The New York Times
- The New York Times has 51.4M followers on Twitter
3. The Economist - @TheEconomist
The Economist is a global weekly news and international affairs publication, offering clear reporting on world current events.
They have been known to provide insightful commentary with hard-hitting analysis of politics in America as well as other countries around the globe.
About The Economist:
- James Wilson is the Founder of The Economist
- The Economist has 26.1M followers on Twitter
4. The Wall Street Journal - @WSJ
The Wall Street Journal is a preeminent source for news and business information that reports on the important economic issues which move markets.
They provide real-time stock quotes, editorials from well-known columnists and reporters who cover the White House, Congress and other major issues affecting the economy.
About The Wall Street Journal:
- Charles H. Dow is the Founder of The Wall Street Journal
- The Wall Street Journal has 19.3M followers on Twitter
5. Reuters- @Reuters
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters provides a wide range of breaking headlines as well as financial information about companies worldwide.
They are also known for providing you with weather updates every five minutes, so even if it doesn't seem like anything important right now-you'll know what's going on.
- Paul Julius Reuter is the Founder of Reuters
- Reuters has 24.1M followers on Twitter
6. TIME - @TIME
Time is the leading weekly news magazine that covers politics, business, entertainment, technology, health and science with in-depth analysis and reporting.
This is known as the best source for information with a broad range to meet your needs--whether it be technology or finance!
- Henry Luce is the Founder of TIME
- TIME has 18.5M followers on Twitter
7. NDTV - @ndtv
NDTV is an international news and current affairs channel that provides comprehensive coverage from around the world.
They are known for their unbiased reporting and in-depth analysis on current events with a dose of entertainment as well!
- Prannoy Roy is the Founder of NDTV
- NDTV has 16.6M followers on Twitter
8. The Associated Press - @AP
The Associated Press is a trusted name in news, and for good reason. It is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats.
They deliver global coverage fast with an unbiased point-of-view that can't be found anywhere else on the planet!
About The Associated Press:
- Moses Yale Beach is the Founder of The Associated Press
- The Associated Press has 15.4M followers on Twitter
9. The Telegraph - @Telegraph
This account is run by the staff of The Telegraph, one of the United Kingdom's most important newspapers since 1855.
The Telegraph focuses on delivering breaking news with its own unique style and touch. With this account, you won't miss a beat from the UK's leading online newspaper.
About The Telegraph:
- Arthur B. Sleigh is the Founder of The Telegraph
- The Telegraph has 3.1M followers on Twitter
10. The Independent - @Independent
This is the official account of The Independent, a newspaper that prides itself on its bold and provocative articles and columns.
This account is almost unique because of its policy of immediately retweeting any comments made by readers about its stories.
About The Independent:
- Andreas Whittam Smith is the Founder of The Independent
- The Independent has 3.6M followers on Twitter
11. CBC News - @CBCNews
The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) is a public broadcaster that covers all aspects of Canada and its world. The CBC is an important as well as trusted news source of information.
The CBC News account provides links to various stories about world affairs, politics, business and sports that are developed by CBC reporters all over the globe.
About CBC News:
- CBC Television (also known as CBC TV) is a Canadian English-language broadcast television network owned by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, the national public broadcaster.
- CBC News has 3.2M followers on Twitter
12. RT - @RT_com
RT is the official Twitter account of Russia Today's television news network, a global news network that broadcasts 24-hours a day in English.
It covers stories from all over Russia as well as the world and focuses on international politics and business.
- Mikhail Lesin is the Founder of RT
- RT has 2.9M followers on Twitter
13. CNBC - @CNBC
CNBC is run by a group of international journalists who have come together to provide a "comprehensive and up-to-the-minute coverage of global financial markets."
This network's coverage includes the global economy, financial markets, stocks, entertainment and real estate.
- Tom Rogers is the Founder of CNBC
- CNBC has 4.4M followers on Twitter
14. Sky News - @SkyNews
This is the official Twitter account of Sky News, a 24-hour television news service that is a division of British Sky Broadcasting.
The feed is designed to keep you up-to date with the world's most important news, including British stories that deserve more attention than they usually get.
About Sky News:
- Rupert Murdoch is the Founder of Sky News
- Sky News has 7.4M followers on Twitter
15. BBC Breaking News - @BBCBreaking
The official Twitter account for BBC News' breaking news service provides updates on world news from the perspective of the British Broadcasting Corporation.
This twitter account is an excellent resource for anyone seeking up-to-date news about the world, with a special focus on British and international headlines.
About BBC Breaking News:
- BBC News is an operational business division of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) responsible for the gathering and broadcasting of news and current affairs.
- BBC Breaking News has 48.8M followers on Twitter
Twitter is a great way to get information about important events in the world as they happen. Some of these accounts are more focused on American news, while others tweet about national and international stories.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and now you can follow above all twitter accounts which will help you to stay up to date with world wide events.
If you'd like to stay updated on new posts, feel free to follow StarterStory.com. Thanks for reading!
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.
reAlpha is leading a major shift in the $1.2T short-term rental market. Through their app-based platform, users will own shares of top short-term rental properties without the hassle of managing them.
But you have an even better opportunity today: investing in reAlpha itself.
The timing couldn’t be better, since they just landed a $200M line of credit and $20M equity to help build their portfolio.
Become a reAlpha shareholder (before opportunity ends December 8th).