We've all been in the position where we need to send a reminder email.
Whether you are nudging a prospective client or sending a late payment reminder, the way in which you craft your message makes a big difference.
Keep in mind: People forget things... this doesn't always mean they're ignoring you.
So, how long should you wait to send a reminder email?
Well, it depends on the matter... but as a general rule, we've found that the sweet spot is the first day of the delay, or 24hrs after your sent email.
Example to an internal team member:
Example to an existing client:
Example to a prospective client:
General Rules To Keep In Mind:
- Keep it short and direct
- Try to be friendly and polite, while still conveying urgency around the subject
- Avoid saying things like, "hope all is well" or "I apologize for the bother" ... this may come off in-genuine.
Basically: drop the fluff, be polite, and have a clear CTA.
By implementing these general touchpoints, you are much more likely to receive the outcome you desire.
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!