Keep it short.
Keep it short.
Did I mention keep it short?
The more you say, the more of a chance the reader will get bored or confused and not make it to the end of your email.
It should be just a few sentences.
Here’s a breakdown.
Sentence #1 - Something unique
- Do your research
- Stroke their ego
Sentence #2 - Get to the point
- What is the purpose of your email?
- Don’t beat around the bush
Sentence #3 - Introduce yourself
- Who are you
- Why are you important
- Keep this to one sentence
Sentence #4 - Benefits and social proof
- What’s in it for them?
- Explain the benefits
- Using words like SEO and using
- Use numbers (70k monthly readers) and stats.
- Use social proof - link to other brands you’ve worked with, testimonials, or articles written about you.
Sentence #5 - Pique their interest
- “If you’re interested, I can send you more details” - this implies there’s more to learn.
- Make it easy to respond - all they need to do is reply with one sentence “I’m interested” - rather than being confused on how to respond.
Extra tip - Send follow ups.
In addition to a nice, short email, you should send follow ups as it will drastically increase your responses rate.
I am the creator of Pigeon for Gmail, an app that allows you to send emails and automated follow ups inside Gmail.
You can also keep track of all your projects/leads inside Gmail.
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!