Technology equipment, such as laptops and monitors, will cost your business between $500 and $5000 per employee per year.
What factors influence the cost of technology office equipment?
The price of technology office equipment you need will depend on various factors, the crucial ones being:
- Type of Office: First, it will depend on what type of office you run. Is it a consultancy office or an HR office? It could be a private or a shared office. Such factors are worth considering when selecting the basic technology equipment.
- Services your office offers: This will greatly influence the choice of purchases. If you mainly focus on consultancy, you might need less equipment. But, if your services need more paperwork production, there is more to buy.
- Compactness and Move-ability: How big is the office space? Or, can you work with bulky equipment or can invest in more compact ones that are slightly costly? Also, if you often move offices, movability will be the main consideration.
Common Technology Office Equipment
Regardless of the above-mentioned, here are a few common ones. Most office owners invest in these pieces of equipment to make their tasks faster and less hectic. Currently, technology gears towards convenience. This isn’t contrary in the office space. See a few below:
- Multi-function Printers
- Telephone Systems
Costs of Various Technology Office Equipment
The average cost of technology office equipment falls between the $500 and $5000 range (per year per employee). You can get budget-friendly, mid-priced, and high-end equipment if your budget is within this range.
Below is an estimated cost of the equipment we have in the post. But, alongside this, you can research more or reach various brands to get quotations.
Best Places To Buy Cheap Technology Equipment
- Micro Center: A popular American store dealing in computers and electronic devices.
- Newegg.com: Based in California, the company has the best prices for most computer and technology products but also have an online store.
- Amazon: One of the commonest online shopping platforms where you cant miss technology and office equipment.
- Frys.com: The store deals in software, home goods, and consumer electronics including a wide range for your office needs.
- TechBargains: Here, you'll get some of the best deals on computers, and everything tech.
- Slickdeals: A Nevada based store with an online platform where you can save more if looking to shop office technology equipment.
How to Lower The Costs of Technology Office Equipment
1. Opt for Cloud Storage
Consider cloud storage. This saves you a lot of printing costs and storage stress. It also minimizes the costs that come with wear and tear while using tech equipment like paper, toners, and maintenance costs.
2. Update your Equipment
Old equipment might be the reason for spending more. Get multi-functional equipment. These are more convenient and cheaper than buying separate ones for each task.
3. Monthly Servicing Contracts
Your equipment will need servicing and maintenance. You need this to cater to your tech equipment when they are down.
4. Switch off Unused Tech Equipment
This reduces the energy your office uses daily. The effects are visible in monthly bills.
5. Proper Training
If you don’t have an IT expert in the office, schedule regular training with the manufacturer. This is to educate new users on how to use these pieces of equipment. This avoids misuse and spoilage.
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.
Having open roles is one thing, but getting qualified candidates to apply is another. That’s where Hired can help.
- Get instant access to a curated pool of responsive top tech and sales talent
- Filter by what you need (skills, experience) and what they want (WFH, equity)
- Trial Hired and pay nothing until you make a hire
See candidates now.