Looking to write a new history blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- History blog post topics to write about
- History blogging ideas
- Other history content ideas
- Real-world examples of history blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right history blog ideas.
History Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular history blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Asian history
- Medieval history
- Renaissance history
- Ancient history
- World history
- American history
- European history
- Human history
- Modern history
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide History Blog Post Ideas
- How to find the best reference for ancient history
- How to get familiar with world history
- How to start studying ancient history effectively
- How to memorize the significant people in modern history quickly
- How to make yourself enthusiastic with history subject
- How to get good in history subject
- How to know all the basic facts about human history
- Guide in choosing the best history topic for your class reporting
- How to figure out a book if it is from the Old or New Testament
- How to know the time period of a particular event in history
- How to be an expert in history for 30 days
- How to publish historical articles on Wikipedia
- How to collect historical items with a small budget
- How to study the different history niches effectively
- How to translate ancient transcripts online
- How to find ancient transcripts for free
- How to find resources to research world history
- How to write history collectively
- How to become a good historian
- How to memorize historical dates easily
- How to formulate the best history topics
- Guide in making a complete Asian history book
- How to find good books about American history
- How to write a history book of your own
- How to master the timeline of human history
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based History Content Ideas
- List of the most significant people in history
- Top events in world history that you'll never forget
- Unusual facts about monarchs
- List of the most significant events in history
- Most influential leaders in history
- Top 10 historic country discoveries in the world
- The most devastating wars in history
- The most famous civilizations throughout history
- Top 10 facts of human civilization
- Most common traits of kings from the ancient world
- The most extravagant castles in medieval history
- Top 10 strongest armies in the ancient world
- List of the most prosperous dynasties in China
- List of the best generals in World War 2
- List of the most common foods in the medieval times
- Top weapons during the Vikings era
- Usual things that commoners do during the medieval period
- The worst wars happened throughout mankind
- The deadliest epidemics in history
- The wealthiest monarchs in the world
- The worst calamities in history
- The most powerful countries in the medieval times
- Different empires that conquered the world
- The rarest creatures found on Earth
- Famous people in history that went bankrupt
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other History Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Great books that offer wide history knowledge
- Unusual things that people do in the early civilizations
- Fun facts about world history you should not miss
- When did slavery start in history
- How people live during the early times without electricity
- How Was Fire Discovered?
- Cool facts about the Roman civilization
- How the Ottoman empire got defeated
- What are the capital punishments during the Hittite period
- Historic places in World War II that you should see
- Several ways that you can do to be a part of history
- Places where you can find the best history books
- How history can change your perception of life
- Why history is the best subject to study
- How you can enjoy studying history every day
- Things that you did not know about human history
- New ways where you can study history
- How epidemics changed the world throughout history
- Historic moments that people of all ages will not forget
- How to write a history blog chronologically
- Make history an interactive subject to ponder with
- Is it better to study history with pictures or not
- What history topics are good for first-timers
- The different pharaohs that ruled Egypt
- The mighty founders of the different ancient countries
- The impact of philosophers in the modern society
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.