Looking to write a new Halloween blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Halloween blog post topics to write about
- Halloween blogging ideas
- Other Halloween content ideas
- Real-world examples of Halloween blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Halloween blog ideas.
Halloween Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Halloween blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Halloween for Kids
- Halloween Foods and Recipes
- Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Crafts and DIY
- Halloween Food Ideas
- Halloween Trips
- Halloween Activities
- Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Party Themes
- Halloween Movies
- Halloween Hairstyle Tutorial
- Halloween Treats
- Halloween for Adults
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Halloween Blog Post Ideas
- How to achieve a spooky makeup look
- How to make a Halloween treat box
- A beginner's guide on how to carve a pumpkin
- How to transform old clothes into Halloween costumes
- Checklist of plans for Halloween party
- How to comfort your pets during fireworks
- A guide on how to keep your pets safe and secure at Halloween
- How to take the best costume photos
- How to add blood drips to your photos
- How to create a DIY paper plate spider
- How to make bat lollies
- Guide on how to bake a bat cookie
- Procedures on how to make a black lemonade
- How to achieve Annabelle scary makeup
- How to make Halloween printables
- How to save money this Halloween
- How to make your own Halloween candy
- How to preserve pumpkins
- How to stay safe when trick-or-treating
- How to increase your blog view during the Halloween season
- How to use Halloween to increase your sales
- Guide on how to sell Halloween candies for a profit
- Table setting guide for Halloween
- Step by step guide on how to achieve a perfect witch makeup look
- How to explain Halloween to children
- How to create a Halloween blog header
- How to take high-quality photos when it's dark
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Halloween Content Ideas
- Tips to obtain high-fashion Halloween looks
- 10 examples of Halloween nail arts
- Cheap ways to DIY Halloween crafts
- Top 15 scariest movies to watch on Halloween
- List of Halloween recipes with under 100 calories
- Song playlist for Halloween
- 15 recommended themes for Halloween parties
- Photography tips to achieve high-quality Halloween photos
- List of best Halloween destinations in the world
- Top 10 scariest Hollywood movies of all time
- 10 sweet treats for Halloween
- 10 mother and daughter costumes for Halloween
- 15 healthy veggie Halloween recipes
- List of places to find discounts for your Halloween costumes
- 25 stunning skull makeup ideas
- 10 devilish vampire makeup looks
- 6 unique ways to celebrate Halloween
- 10 ways to celebrate Halloween during a pandemic
- 8 ideas for decorating your porch this Halloween
- Tips for a perfect Halloween buffet
- List of fitness mistakes to avoid this Holloween
- Top 15 party ideas for adults
- Top 5 Halloween Pie Recipes
- List of other fun things to do on Halloween aside from trick-or-treating
- Top 5 haunted hotels to visit during Halloween
- 20 Facts about Halloween
- List of your favorite zombie movies
- List of Halloween content ideas
- Fun ways to celebrate Halloween at home
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Halloween Blog Post Topic Ideas
- My favorite Halloween DIY craft
- How Americans celebrate Halloween
- Difference between Asian and Western Halloween celebration
- Where to shop cheap Halloween stuff
- Achieving zero-waste Halloween decorations
- How do different countries celebrate Halloween
- What are the unique Halloween traditions from around the world
- A review of this year's horror movies
- My guilt-free Halloween foods
- The best workout plan to stay fit this Halloween
- How is the celebration of Halloween this pandemic
- What are the things to consider when throwing a Halloween party at this pandemic?
- Why are we celebrating Halloween
- What is the history of the Halloween celebration
- What are the Halloween costume trends for this year
- Spending statistics of consumers during Halloween
- How Halloween affects financial markets
- Why bloggers should write Halloween posts
- Our family Halloween experience
- My thoughts on traveling outside the country on Halloween
- An interview with a Halloween costume supplier
- Why Halloween doesn't generate as many sales as Christmas
- Which country has the best Halloween party
- How Halloween influenced the fashion industry over the years
- What are the Halloween traditions you have
- Why do you love or hate Halloween
- Where did Halloween originate
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.