Twitter is a vast and vocal community of gamers. In 2020, there were over 2 billion gaming tweets generated on the platform. Moreover, there are 91M unique gaming authors on Twitter
To build an audience, you need to spread your channel across multiple social media networks. One of the best ways to gain followers quickly is by using Twitter. We have searched and listed the best Twitter accounts for gamers.
Here's a list of 15 Twitter gaming accounts that are considered to be some of the best. These accounts are the most informative, relevant, and engaging accounts on Twitter in 2022.
Here they are:
1. Larry Hryb - @majornelson
Larry Hryb shares live gaming sessions and podcasts on their account. Larry is an Xbox gamer and known as gaming first global ambassador & influencer.
About Larry Hryb:
- Larry Hryb is the Founder of @majornelson
- Larry Hryb has 1.1M Followers on Twitter
2. PlayStation - @PlayStation
PlayStation is the official Twitter account of the brand. They share new gaming updates and updates related to the series PS5, PS4, PS VR, PlayStation Plus, and more.
- Ken Kutaragi is the Founder of PlayStation
- PlayStation has 23.8M Followers on Twitter
3. Nintendo of America - @NintendoAmerica
Nintendo of America is an official Twitter account for sharing gaming news and updates. They also share gaming recaps from the previous versions of the games.
About Nintendo of America:
- Doug Bowser is the Founder of Nintendo of America
- Nintendo of America has 11.7M Followers on Twitter
4. Cheap Ass Gamer - @videogamedeals
Cheap Ass Gamers shares amazing video games deals on their account, and earn from qualified purchases. They provide games on cheap deals via links and resources.
About Cheap Ass Gamer:
- David Abrams is the Founder of Cheap Ass Gamer
- Cheap Ass Gamer has 460.3K Followers on Twitter
5. Geoff Keighley - @geoffkeighley
Geoff Keighley is a video game journalist and television presenter. He reports and assesses the latest and most popular games in town. He is best known for hosting the video game show GameTrailers TV, and for co-hosting the now-defunct G4tv.com.
About Geoff Keighley:
- Geoff Keighley is the Founder of @geoffkeighley
- Geoff Keighley has 1.3M Followers on Twitter
6. Polygon - @Polygon
Polygon shares guide and feedback for the entertainment industry. They bring together things that people love and talk about them on their Twitter. These include the latest and trending games.
- Sandeep Nailwal is the Founder of Polygon
- Polygon has 970.3K Followers on Twitter
7. Shacknews - @shacknews
Shacknews shares gaming and console news which includes gaming updates and feedback. It is owned by Gamerhub Content Network at the moment.
- Steve Gibson is the Founder of Shacknews
- Shacknews has 17.8K Followers on Twitter
8. Jade Raymond - @ibjade
Jade Raymond is a Canadian video game creator. She is best known for creating Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs franchises. She has also built Ubisoft Toronto and EA Motive Studios.
About Jade Raymond:
- Jade Raymond is the Founder of @ibjade
- Jade Raymond has 43.7K Followers on Twitter
9. Brenda Romero - @br
Brenda Romero is the managing director of Romero Games. She is an American game designer in the video game industry.
About Brenda Romero:
- Brenda Romero is the Founder of @br
- Brenda Romero has 494.4K Followers on Twitter
10. HIDEO_KOJIMA - @HIDEOKOJIMAEN
HIDEO_KOJIMA is a game creator, video game designer, director, producer, and writer. He has a strong passion for action, adventure, literature which depicts in his video game choice.
- HIDEOKOJIMA is the Founder of HIDEOKOJIMA_EN
- HIDEO_KOJIMA has 3.1M Followers on Twitter
11. Wario64 - @Wario64
Wario64 is known to hunt the cheapest deals on Playstation. They are Amazon associates and earn from qualified purchases. They share affiliate links to cheap game purchases.
- Toshihiro Nagoshi is the Founder of Wario64
- Wario64 has 1.1M Followers on Twitter
12. GameSpot - @GameSpot
GameSpot shares game news, gaming livestreams, and giveaways. They also share deals on gaming consoles, hardware, and other gaming equipment.
About GameSpot :
- Ryan Cohen is the Founder of GameSpot
- GameSpot has 4.6M Followers followers on Twitter
13. Please pre-order IMAGINABLE! - @avantgame
Please pre-order IMAGINABLE! is a gaming enthusiast who talks about the benefits of gaming. She talks about how games can boost resilience, help us experience post-traumatic growth, and even give us 10 extra years of life. She is the author of two of New York bestsellers SUPERBETTER and REALITY IS BROKEN!
About Please pre-order IMAGINABLE!:
- Jane McGonigal is the Founder of Please pre-order IMAGINABLE!
- Please pre-order IMAGINABLE!s 149.2K Followers followers on Twitter
14. Kotaku - @Kotaku
Kotaku is a gaming guide that offers solutions to the most trending and top-played games. They share tricks and hacks for gamers to succeed in the gameplay. They share latest updates and news about trending games.
- Brian Crecente is the Founder of Kotaku
- Kotaku has 2.2M Followers followers on Twitter
15. IGN - @IGN
IGN shares all information you need amount trending games, moves, comics, and TV. It is operated by GN Entertainment Inc. IGN is an American video game and entertainment media source.
- Craig Harris is the Founder of IGN
- IGN has 8.5M Followers followers on Twitter
So, there you have it—our definitive ranking of the best Twitter accounts for video game fanatics. If you’re looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news and announcements in the gaming world, this list is a great place to start.
If we’ve left out an account that you enjoy or know of a great Twitter feed that belongs to this genre, be sure to let us know in your comments. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you'd like to stay updated on new posts, feel free to follow StarterStory.com.
Thanks for reading!
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!