If you're looking to boost your email open rates and increase sales, your email subject line is the first (and most important) step in achieving those goals.
Did you know that 33% of email recipients open emails because of an engaging subject line?
That's why it's critical to craft a catchy email subject line that will get you the traffic and conversions you deserve.
We've put together a list of 75+ best free shipping email subject lines .
Some are proven examples from other successful campaigns, and some are creative ideas to inspire you.
Creative Email Subject Line Ideas
- Time to celebrate, Free Shipping Day is here. – Wolferman’s
- Everyone Loves Free Shipping
- Celebrate National Free Shipping Day for three days! – Really Good Stuff
- FREE Delivery Until Midnight 🌙 – Hannahs Shoes
- Last Call For Free Overnight Shipping – Mizzen+Main
- 6 Hours left to get free shipping on all orders.
- It’s not too late | – 20% + free shipping & free returns – Laura
- Free Shipping On All Orders Ends Tomorrow – Unison
- Happy National Free Shipping Day! 🎉 – Blue Sky
- 🚚 📦 (your order ships free) – GAP
- Holiday shipping just got cheaper – Big Shoes
- Free Shipping – No Minimum! 🎄 – Northline Express
- Ready, Set, Holiday with Complimentary Shipping – Oribe
- This weekend, gifts ship free! – Breck’s Gifts
- FREE SHIPPING Day + 50% Off SITEWIDE💥 – Suzy
- Free Shipping starts now! No minimums. No coupon required.
- John, we know you love FREE shipping
- LOOK! 👀 ALL orders ship free! Plus 50% off photo gifts – Current Catalog
- Free Shipping Day! Today Only with Guaranteed Christmas Delivery, No Minimum – Golfballs.com
- Final Hours! Free shipping ends tonight.
- It’s an add-to-cart kind of day – Russian Pointe
- Get Excited…It’s FREE Shipping Day! – Cookies by Design
- Just in! Free shipping extended two more days
- It’s Free Shipping Day! 🚚 – Treehut
- Today’s the day: FREE SHIPPING
- 🎁 Great Gifting! It’s Surprise Sale Weekend! Take 13% off + SHIP FREE – Time for Me
- Joy! Free shipping is back…but not for long.
- ⌛ Final hours for free shipping on custom Easter gifts ⌛ – Ethel M Chocolates
- Save up to 50% + Free shipping over $49
- You’re invited! Get Free Shipping
- Free 2-Day Shipping Ends Tonight, Get Your Gifts In Time – Alo Yoga
- FREE Shipping Day starts NOW + 30% off – True Citrus
- Tomorrow is too late, free shipping ends tonight – Fantastic Furniture
- Final hours for free shipping
- FREE DELIVERY this weekend with no minimums! 🚘 – Hooters
- 20% Off ends tomorrow, shipping and returns are on us! 🎁 – NHS Fun Factory
- Hurry! Free shipping ends tomorrow.
- Complimentary shipping, the perfect reason to treat yourself. – Venus et Fleur
- Time Is (Almost) Out! Last Day for FREE Shipping – West Music
- Why pay for shipping! It’s free for 2 days.
- FREE Shipping Day is HERE 🎅 🍵 🎄 – The Tea Spot
- 3 Days Left! Get free shipping on all orders
- everything ships FREE – Jayson Home
- Shipping Is On Us For Free Shipping Day! – Impromptu Gourmet
- Free Delivery is here 🚘 – Schlotzsky’s
- Free Shipping in USA/Canada on all orders over $30
- Get FREE delivery on all orders! – Pei Wei
- Free Shipping Day! – One Day Only – Lenny & Larry’s
- Free Shipping starts now
- Gifts Shipped FREE for the Holidays ❤️ – Accuquilt
- Don’t miss out! Free shipping ends today.
- It’s Free Shipping Day. Enjoy Free Shipping On All Orders, All Day! – Swimsuits For All
- LAST DAY to Enjoy FREE Shipping | Shop Now – Makari de Suisse
- Reminder: complimentary shipping on all orders – NEST Fragrances
- Did Someone Say FREE Delivery? – JD Sports
- ⏰ Time is running out for FREE DELIVERY! ⏰ – Baker Ross
- 🛒 SHOP small, SHIP free, SAVE 10% – Breck’s Gifts
- Don’t Forget Your Free Shipping! – Masseys
- Today, All Orders Ship Free – Willow Tree
- LIMITED TIME: 50% Off + Complimentary Shipping – Mugler
- Free Shipping for you!
- Final day for complimentary overnight shipping – Chanel
- Just for you: FREE Shipping on your order! – Pajama Jeans
- Drop Everything: Free Shipping Day! – Butter London
- New Arrivals + free shipping
- ⏰ 2 days left | 20% off + free shipping & returns! – Melanie Lyne
- Ends today! Free shipping on all orders delivered via Canada Post
- Get Free Shipping on all orders!
- Psst… your order ships FREE! – Carter’s
- Hurry! Free shipping Ends Soon…
- Last Chance! Free shipping on all orders ends today.
- Today Only: FREE shipping no minimum.
- Holy ship! Pickle gifts ship free! – Mouth
- Ends today! Free shipping on all products.
- FREE Priority Holiday Shipping Deadline is Today! – Buffalo Jackson
GUIDE: How To Write A Great Subject Line
As we mentioned above, crafting a catchy subject line is critical to the performance of your email campaign.
While just a few words may seem like a small piece of your overall message, this is the first impression your audience will have before they decide whether to open your email.
If your subject line isn't engaging or appealing enough, there's a chance it could get buried in your reader's inbox.
Let's go over the proven tips on how to craft a subject line that boosts engagement:
What makes a great subject line?
First, let's discuss the fundamentals of creating a great subject line:
- Spark interest and curiosity
- A clear and urgent call to action
- An offer/intriguing discount
- Personalization (this can be done by sending out different versions of emails to subscribers based on their preferences)
- Relevance - make sure your subject line covers the current trends and topics within your industry
5 Tips To Crafting a Great Subject Line
Now, let's dive into the specifics of how to create a great subject line for your next campaign:
1. Use a familiar sender name
Although this may seem obvious, it's a piece many marketers miss the ball on.
Your readers want to feel like your email is coming from a human and not a corporation or automated system.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to do this is by changing the sender's name to YOUR name or someone in the company that is well known.
Here's a great example of this from Marketing Examples
Avoid the "no-reply" sender name at all costs. This makes your email feel unfamiliar, unapproachable, and less personable.
2. Keep your subject short and to the point
If your subject line is too long, it will get cut off, which could impact your reader's chances of opening your email.
The rule of thumb (for both mobile and desktop) is to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
3. Add personal touches to your subject line
If you have access to information about your subscriber (ie. name, location, etc), you can use this to benefit your subject line and catch your readers attention.
It's important not to go overboard here, but adding even the simplest touch such as their name can build trust and rapport.
Here's a great example of a personalized email + offer I received from BarkBox with my dog's name in the subject line:
4. Avoid making any false promises
Your subject line makes a commitment to your reader, so it's important you don't stretch the truth just to simply get more opens and clicks.
In the grand scheme of things, making false promises will end up hurting your open rate as your readers will lose trust in you.
5. Give them a sneak peek of what's inside
Telling your subscriber what is inside helps with open and clicks.
For example, if you're providing your reader with a free guide or e-book, consider making your subject line something along the lines of:
"Your FREE marketing e-book awaits!"
If you want your email campaign to perform well, it all starts with your subject line.
Think about the emails you receive in your inbox and what makes you click vs what gets buried - odds are, the same habits go for your customer.
We hope you enjoyed our guide + list of 75+ best free shipping email subject lines .
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.