Looking to write a new fishing business blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Fishing business blog post topics to write about
- Fishing business blogging ideas
- Other fishing business content ideas
- Real-world examples of fishing business blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right fishing business blog ideas.
Fishing Business Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular fishing business blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Fishing equipment
- Fishing business basics
- Fishes for consumption
- Fishes for pet shops
- Fisherman knowhows
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Fishing Business Blog Post Ideas
- How To Improve Your Fishing Skills
- How to Catch More Fish
- How to Catch Fish For The First Time
- A Beginner’s Guide To Fishing Gear
- How To Navigate Through The Different Types of Rods And Combos
- How to set up a fishing business in 3 easy steps
- How to Get the Most out of Your Fishing Rod
- How To Get Kids Excited About Fishing
- How to Catch Crappie
- How To Improve Your Hooking Technique
- How to Choose The Right Fishing Pole For You
- How to Get Hooked on Fishing
- How to Catch Saltwater Fish
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Fishing Trip
- How To Catch Tuna In Reliable Locations
- How to Go Live with a Fishing Business
- How To Figure Out the Ideal Niche For Your Fishing Business
- How To Catch An Elephant Fish
- How to Catch Large Fish in Larger Bodies of Water
- How to be a Pisces Master of the Sea
- How To Fish In A Fresh Water Pond
- How to Make the Best Jerky Ever
- How To Choose And Maintain A Fishing Rod
- How to Catch Bigger Fish
- How To Find The Perfect Fishing Spots
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Fishing Business Content Ideas
- Top 5 Tips to Give Your Fishing Experience a Boost
- Must-Have Fishing Accessories
- 10 Tips for Bait Your Kids Will Love
- 5 Ways to Catch More Fish at the Lake
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Various Tackle Materials
- Top 4 Ways to Choose the Best Fishing Rod
- The 10 Most Common Mistakes Of the Best Fishermen
- 5 Most Spoon-bait Fish
- New Techniques on Catching Fish
- Tips For A Successful Fishing Trip
- Advantages to Doing Fly Fishing Tours
- The Best Rod and Reel Under 300
- Ten Reasons Why You Need to Fish More Often
- 3 Ways To Ensure Your Rod And Reel Is Ready For Fishing Season
- Top 10 Most Popular Fishing Spots In the World
- Here Are 7 Ways Fishing Attracts Entrepreneurs
- The 10 Best Places to Go Big Game Fishing
- The Best Places to Strip and Cast
- The 8 Most Common Fishing Mistakes and How To Avoid Them
- Trout Fishing Tips
- Discover The Best Fly Fishing Gear on Amazon Under $50
- The 10 Best Catches of the 20th Century
- The Best Crayfish Spots
- Top 3 Tips For A Stress-Free Tackle
- Ten Best Places to Go Fishing in the World
- Five Most Amazing and Unknown Facts about Fishing
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Fishing Business Blog Post Topic Ideas
- How Catching Fish Helps The Environment
- Why You Should Hire a Professional Fisherman
- Best Baits to Catch Fish
- Best Way To Deal With Your Angler Angst
- Fishing 101 - Everything You Need To Know Before Booking A Trip
- Fishing Trip in the Gulf of Mexico
- How Long Can You Keep Fish
- Fishing and Business: Which One is More Profitable
- Is Fishing For Rainbows for You
- Shore Fishing VS Deep Sea Fishing
- Bass Fishing Basics
- Sustainable Salmon: How is it Different from Other Salmon Products
- The Return of the Trout – Using a Mackerel-Head Jig
- How Can I Get Involved in the Fishing Business
- How Can Credit Cards Help Out Fishermen
- What Kind of Fisherman Are You
- What Kind of Fishing Rods Do I Need
- Fishing and Nutrition
- Why Fishing Is An Excellent Hobby
- Getting Bigger Fish With The Right Equipment
- Choosing the Best Fishing Rods to Catch Fish in Your Backyard Pond
- Do You Know Where Your Fish Is From
- Is It Okay To Use The Same Fishing Rod For Tuna and Wahoo
- Here's What You Need to Know About Deep Sea Fishing
- What You Need to Know Before Starting a Seafood Business
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.