Get 5 free tips from successful founders every week, directly in your inbox.
Jaw-dropping pictures aren't the only way to generate social media engagement.
Instagram captions, while frequently overlooked, are a powerful tool that may make or break your post.
Some businesses continue to put much too much emphasis on Instagram photos rather than captions.
Great Instagram captions have the power to offer even more insight to the post, potentially boosting engagement, bio visits, and click-throughs.
In this article, we've provided you with 332 Instagram caption ideas for Fall Season. Additionally, we walk you through the 5 easy-to-follow tips on how to create a great Instagram caption.
Here they are:
Cute Fall Instagram Captions
- “The heart of autumn must have broken here and poured its treasure upon the leaves.” — Charlotte Bates
- Adventurous nature trails never fail.
- Crockpots are stewing and warm beverages are brewing.
- “The falling leaves drift by the window, the autumn leaves of red and gold.” — Frank Sinatra
- "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." — Anne of Green Gables
- Life’s gourd and then you pie.
- “Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love—that makes life and nature harmonize.” — George Eliot
- "Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day." — Shira Tamir
- "The leaves turn color, the grasses wither; the beasts sense the advance of a long, hungry season. And bowing to their vision, I too know a sadness." —Haruki Murakami
- “Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.”— Truman Capote
- Bonfire & s’mores.
- “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” — Andrea Gibson
- My weekend plans include lighting all my fall candles.
- “Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile.” — William Cullent Bryant
- "There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air, and time is quiet and mellow." —Rudolfo Anaya
- “Another fall, another turned page…” — Wallace Stegner
- "And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and autumn was awakened." —Raquel Franco
- “Since you went away, the days grow long and soon I'll hear old winter's song.” — Eric Clapton
- "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons." — Jim Bishop
- "Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go." — Unknown
- "My favorite color is October." — Unknown
- “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves…” — Virginia Woolf
- "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." —L.M. Montgomery
- "How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." — John Burroughs
- "It's harvest time in this little town." — Luke Bryan
- "Oh, the leaves are turning gold. Each night’s a little bluer, but autumn’s not that cold." — Lorrie Morgan
- “When I feel that chill, smell that fresh cut grass, I'm back in my helmet, cleats and shoulder pads. Standing in the huddle listening to the call. Fans going crazy for the boys of fall.” — Kenny Chesney
- "Wake me up when September ends." —Green Day
- "And the leaves that are green turn to brown, and they wither with the wind, and they crumble in your hand." —Simon & Garfunkel
- “See, winter took most of my heart and spring punched me right in the stomach. Summer came looking for blood and by Autumn, I was left with nothing.” — Mary J. Blige
- "And all at once, summer collapsed into fall." — Oscar Wilde
- "Boo, Felicia."
- "I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sunburnt leaves." — Ann Drake
- "I've never met a pumpkin I didn't like."
- "Creepin it real."
- "There is a subtle magic in the falling of old leaves." ― Avijeet Das
- "All pumpkin everything."
- "Pumpkin spice or cinnamon sugar?"
- "At this point, my blood type is pumpkin spice."
- "I only have pies for you."
- "Fall is a lifestyle."
- "I'm turning a new leaf."
- "There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air, and time is quiet and mellow." — Rudolfo Anaya
- "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." — Emily Brontë
- "October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins." — Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
- "If you don't like fall, you can leaf me alone with my pumpkin spice latte."
- "I like you a latte."
- "Fall so hard motherpumpkins wanna spice me."
- "I'd like to see you s'more."
- "It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon." —Sarah Addison Allen
- "Can't reply, I'm eating pie."
- "Can you bee-leaf this weather?"
- "Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale." — Lauren DeStefano
- "Fall is my excuse for pumpkin everything."
- "It's fall coming back to me now."
- "Autumn leaves and pumpkins, please!"
- "I'm a hot-tea."
- "Lit like my fall-scented candles."
- "Orange is the new black."
- "Pumpkin spice is the reason for the season."
- "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." – The Great Gatsby
- "Bow down, witches."
- "I have never met a pumpkin I didn’t like."
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- "Witch way to the candy?"
- "The only thing getting ‘lit’ this weekend are my fall scented candles."
- "We pretended she'd only gotten lost in the colors of fall." ― Tammy Greenwood, Undressing the Moon
- "It's finally hoodie season."
- "It's just a bunch of hocus pocus!"
- "Stressed, blessed, pumpkin obsessed."
- "An apple a day keeps away anyone if you throw it far enough."
- "Spice, spice baby."
- "BRB, knitting the perfect scarf."
- "Squash goals."
- "Please leaf me alone."
- "Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."— Elizabeth Lawrence
- "Get yourself a pumpkin. It will never ghost you."
- "Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile." — William Cullen Bryant
- "I am most radiant and full of energy when the leaves are falling and there is a ghost of change in the air." — Anna Madsen, The Iris Diaries
- "Don't talk to me til I get my latte."
- "If a year was tucked inside a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour." – Victoria Erickson
- "Feeling gourdgeous."
- "Tea: a hug in a mug."
- "PSL pics or it didn't happen."
- "Mending hearts with a pumpkin patch."
- "Oh my gourd I love fall."
- "Pumpkin spice and everything nice."
Short Fall Instagram Captions
- Can you 🐝🍁 this fall weather?!
- 🎃 🥧 and everything's fine.
- You're the apple of my pie.
- You're the 🍎 of my 👁.
- Fall? Oh, you mean football season.
- If you don't like fall, you can leaf me alone.
- Bonfire and chill.
- It’s not a season, it's a lifestyle.
- Don't even chai to say you love fall more than me.
- Apple picking and caramel dipping.
- FALLing in love.
- You're the pick of the patch.
- Painted in all the colors of fall.
- 🎃 spice and everything nice.
- The season of pumpkin patch photos commences.
- Blessed and pumpkin-obsessed.
- I love you more than 🎃 pie.
- Channel the flannel.
- We got lost in this maize.
- Fall so hard.
- What's my blood type? Pumpkin spice.
- Keep calm and enjoy fall.
- Meet me under the falling leaves.
- Pumpkin kisses, harvest wishes.
- Earth tones and apple scones.
- My favorite fall outfit is a har-vest.
- Cute as apple pie.
- Goodbye ☀️🌊, hello 🍂🎃🍁.
- I only have pies for you.
- So fresh and so crisp.
- Let it go and squash it!
- Spice, spice, baby!
- Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's maple leaves.
- You're unbe🍁able.
- Let's get lit.
- Give them pumpkin to talk about.
- Embrace this season of renewal.
- I like you a pumpkin-latte.
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- May the forest be with you.
- This weather is unbeleafable.
- Don't stop be-leafing.
- Happy fall, y’all!
- Pumpkin is the spice of life.
- You're never too old to play in the leaves.
- A cool breeze and colorful leaves.
- I'm the 👑 of autumn!
- You pump-can do it!
- Autumn leaves + pumpkin pies = the 🔑 to my ❤️.
- Sweater weather is always better together.
- Give it your all in fall!
- Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's maple leaves.
- Sweater weather is finally here!
- Don't even chai to say you like fall more than me.
- You're the apple of my eye.
- You autumn know.
- Joy is sipping apple cider on an autumn day.
- I'm amaized we escaped.
- Sundays are made for 🏈&🍺
- Keep calm and fall on.
- I picked a good apple.
- You want a piece of me?
- I'm spicing things up.
- Can you be-🍂 this weather?
- Cutie pie.
- Life is gourd.
- Feeling gourdgeous.
- Smashing pumpkins.
- Fall? You mean football season!
- Falling so hard.
- Leaves are falling, autumn is calling.
- Spice it up!
- Never fear, pumpkin-flavored everything is here!
- Hello, pumpkin! 🎃
- Summer, I don't miss you!
- PSL pics or it didn't happen.
- Cutest pumpkin in the patch.
- Hooray for hayrides!
- Be nice or 🍁.
Cool Fall Instagram Captions
- The only thing getting "lit" this weekend is my pumpkin spice candle.
- Ignite your campfire desire.
- Hay y’all!
- Autumn skies and pumpkin pies.
- New season, who 'dis?
- Gone 🍎picking!
- I’m turning over a new leaf.
- How 'bout them apples?
- Dear gourd!
- These fall leaves are just amaizing.
- It's sweater weather!
- I 🍩 care what you say, fall is the best season!
- There's a new 🎃 in the patch!
- Pumpkin spicing things up.
- Sweater weather is better together.
- I’m fall-ing for you!
- Orange is the new black.
- Would you be-leaf I took this photo on the first try?
- Hay there!
- Always beLEAF in yourself!
- Be like fall and leave all your worries behind.
- Hate to be corny, but...
- You had me at pumpkin spice.
- Falling for fall.
- Go big or gourd home.
- Falling for the beautiful fall colors.
- Crisp, colorful and cool.
- 🎃spice and everything nice.
- Determined to step on all the crunchy leaves.
- Runs on pumpkin-flavored coffee.
- Fall foliage is my favorite color.
- If you’ve got it, haunt it!
- Please 🍂 me alone.
- The cutest 🎃 in the patch.
- Turtlenecks and chilly treks.
- Let’s chill.
- Piece (of pie) out.
- Ready to pumpkin spice things up!
- Cool hikes and pumpkin spice.
- I love you more than pumpkin pie—and that's saying a lot.
- Picked the best one 🍎
- Falling 🍂, autumn breeze, what more do you need?
- Channel your flannel.
- Autumn leaves and pumpkin please.
- Aw, shucks.
- Spice, spice baby.
- If you don't like sappy puns, you better leaf right now.
- Let's get smashed!
- Tea and fuzzy socks season.
- I like you a latte.
- Spice, spice, baby.
- Keep calm and stay cozy.
- I'm turning over a new leaf.
- Hay baby, hay baby, hay!
- Just call me a leaf thief.
- You are the apple to my pie.
- Life is better in a sweater.
- Autumn skies and everything's fine.
- Oh my gourd I love fall!
- Don’t fall for the tricks!
- You're the 🍎of my 👁
- Let’s free fall!
- Leaves, flannel, and football are all I need.
- Colorful transformations are brewing.
- Fall breeze and autumn leaves.
- More pumpkin treats, please.
- Thankful and grateful.
- I think I love fall most of all.
- The 🍎 to my 🥧
- The apple to my pie.
- Wow, you're jacked.
- Ready to sip some apple cider!
- Hungry for fall harvests.
- Fall Sundays were made for 🏈 and 🍺.
- "But I miss you most of all, my darling, when autumn leaves start to fall." — Frank Sinatra
- Warm drinks and rom-coms all night long.
- "It's harvest time in this little town time to bring it on in." —Luke Bryan
- Make sure you “carve” out some me-time this fall.
- “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” ― Oscar Wilde
- “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” — J.K. Rowling
Funny Fall Instagram Captions
- It’s fall coming back to me now.
- “Nothin' lasts forever and we both know hearts can change. And it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain.” — Guns & Roses
- "She might have stayed forever and never ever left these arms if only I had a little more summertime." — Jason Aldean
- "Through the trees comes autumn with her serenade." —Johnny Coltrane
- Fresh starts and fireplace sparks.
- Brisk hikes give me life.
- What do you use to mend a jack-o-lantern? A pumpkin patch.
- "Let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater." — The Neighbourhood
- “I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves.” — Ann Drake
- Hayrides are my preferred mode of fall transportation.
- Rustling leaves under your feet brings all the fall feels.
- “Float down like autumn leaves and hush now. Close your eyes before the sleep.” — Ed Sheeran
- “I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” — L.M. Montgomery
- “Summer has come and passed. The innocent can never last. Wake me up when September ends.” — Green Day
- "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- What kind of vest do you wear in the fall? A har-vest!
- I know it’s corny, but I think the fall is a-maizing!
- Cinnamon scented candles and cozy fires.
- “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place.” — Taylor Swift
- "It's autumn in New York it's good to live it again." —Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
- "If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour." —Victoria Erickson
- “Because I'm still in love with you I want to see you dance again. Because I'm still in love with you, on this harvest moon.” — Neil Young
- "There is a particular kind of afternoon sun that exists only in autumn." —Ayana Mathis
- "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." — Albert Camus
- “November at its best – with a sort of delightful menace in the air.”― Anne Bosworth Greene
- "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." —Emily Brontë
- “By all these lovely tokens, September days are here. With summer’s best of weather and autumn’s best of cheer.”― Helen Hunt Jackson
- Firepits and cozy knits.
- “Autumn in New York. The gleaming rooftops at sundown. Oh, autumn in New York. It lifts you up when you run down.” — Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- “Do you remember the 21st night of September?” — Earth, Wind & Fire
- “You tell my girl I'll be gone till November, I'll be gone till November.” — Wyclef Jean
- “A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye.” — Unknown
- "A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves!" — Winnie the Pooh
- Ready for a soup-er bowl weekend!
- "I'm free, free fallin'." — Tom Petty
- “I come alive in the fall time.” — The Weeknd
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” — Henry David Thoreau
- "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." —Albert Camus
- “Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day.” — Elizabeth Bowen
- Did you hear the joke about the tree? It’ll leaf you laughing!
- "Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar." —Delia Owens
- What did one leaf say to the other? I'm falling for you.
- "How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." —John Burroughs
- “Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.” —Robert Browning
- "Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place." —Taylor Swift
- “'Cause it's too cold for you here. And now, so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater.” — The Neighbourhood
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” — Emily Brontë
- “The leaves don't change here. The leaves don't change here, so I never saw it coming.” — Miguel
- “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place. And I can picture it after all these days.” — Taylor Swift
- "It’s autumn in New York; It’s good to live again." — Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- What is the cutest season? Awwtumn.
- "In little towns like mine, that’s all they've got. Newspaper clippings fill the coffee shops, the old men will always think they know it all, and young girls will dream about the boys of fall." — Kenny Chesney
- “If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour.” — Victoria Erickson
- "Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods." —William Wordsworth
- "There are two times of year: football season and waiting for football season." — Darius Rucker
- “It's harvest time in this little town.” — Luke Bryan
- Corn mazes always give me the perfect fall adrenaline rush.
- “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ― Albert Camus
- Why did the scarecrow win a prize? He was outstanding in his field.
- "And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves..." —Virginia Woolf
- If money really did grow on trees, what would be everyone’s favorite season? Fall.
- "When I feel that chill, smell that fresh cut grass I'm back in my helmet, cleats, and shoulder pads." —Kenny Chesney
- "Do you remember the 21st night of September?" —Earth, Wind & Fire
- "But when October comes and goes and no time at all I'll begin to feel the chill of an early fall." —George Strait
- "Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits." — Samuel Butler
- “I come alive in the fall time” — The Weeknd
- "Let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater." —The Neighbourhood
- “Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.” ― Carol Bishop Hipps
- "We could slip away wouldn't that be better, me with nothing to say and you in your autumn sweater." —Yo La Tengo
- “Life starts all over again when things get crisp in the fall.” — F. Scot Fitzgerald
- "It’s time to let go of this endless summer afternoon." — Lorde
- "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." —F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like they're falling in love with the ground." —Andrea Gibson
- “Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “October and the trees are stripped bare of all they wear. What do I care?” — U2
- Falling leaves means one thing: It's football season!
- “Autumn changes, shifting phases. Autumn changes, turning stages.” — Donna Summer
- "I come alive in the fall time." —The Weeknd
- "But I'm just not that lonesome and autumn's not that cold." —Lorrie Morgan
- "A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye." — Unknown
- "Fall, go on and fall apart. Fall into these arms of mine, I’ll catch you every time." — Clay Walker
- Deck the halls with all-things fall-y.
5 Tips For Creating A Great Instagram Caption
1. Write several drafts first
Make at least three different Instagram caption drafts.
This will allow you to edit, proofread, and compare your captions side by side to see which one has the most effect.
Your first draft will almost never be selected as the best option, which is why you should set aside enough time to write several.
2. Front-load the most important information
The 2,200-characters limit for Instagram captions is mostly a formality. However, it's worth noting that ig captions are cut off in users’ feeds to around 140 characters.
This doesn't mean you must make your insta captions extremely short so people can see everything without clicking "more."
Instead, frontload your captions with the most important sentence or calls-to-action, and save any @mentions, hashtags, or other unimportant information for the end.
3. Include a strong call to action
The most effective way to maximize the possibility for your Instagram post to get shared and improve engagement is to include a call to action in the captions.
Instead of passively scrolling through, you should use action verbs to encourage people to take action.
Here are some exåmples:
- Visit the link in bio to learn more
- Share your experience in the comments
- Enter by liking this photo and signing up for our monthly newsletter
A hashtag on Instagram works the same way it does on Twitter and Facebook: it unites the conversations of many users into a single stream.
Anyone who searches for that hashtag on Instagram may see your Insta post if your account is public.
However, you should use hashtags sparingly. As a means to get more followers, some Instagram users add a string of searchable hashtags.
Too many hashtags can come off spammy to your existing followers. Limit yourself to three or four hashtags at most.
5. Use emojis and have fun with them.
Add some emojis to spice up your insta captions and make them more appealing.
Emojis added at the end of sentences or paragraphs may act as "bookends," visually breaking up long strings of text.
You can also use emojis to encourage readers to take action, such as clicking the link in the bio.
If you're going to use emojis, make sure they match your tone of voice and identity. You don't want to use too many emojis at once, particularly in the same caption.
Good Instagram captions take your content to new heights.
Remember not to rush your copywriting and to evaluate the success of your efforts so that you can use objective benchmarks to figure out what works.
Your content will go far if you combine a beautiful photo with a great Instagram caption.
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages —
powered by your data.
Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.
Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.
Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜
Wanna see 52 business ideas you can start with less than $1,000?
Join our free weekly newsletter and get them right now.