Looking to write a new environmental blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Environmental blog post topics to write about
- Environmental blogging ideas
- Other environmental content ideas
- Real-world examples of environmental blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right environmental blog ideas.
Environmental Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular environmental blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Environmental awareness
- Natural resources depletion
- Recyclable materials
- Global warming
- Climate change
- Environment advocates
- Environmental trends
- Eco-friendly practices
- Wildlife Conservation
- Sustainable living
- Zero waste products
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Environmental Blog Post Ideas
- How to take good care of the environment
- How to plant your first tree
- How to make your garden greener
- How to filter out the air in your room naturally
- How to clean your surroundings even on a hectic schedule
- How to segregate your trash properly
- How to recycle plastics at home
- The beginners guide in planting vegetables in your backyard
- How to make good irrigation in your garden
- How to lessen pollutants in the air
- How to join an environment advocate organization
- How to properly dispose of your plastic wastes
- How to properly dispose of your medical waste products
- How to chase insect pests away without using insecticides
- How to lessen air pollution
- The ultimate guide to proper waste disposal
- How to run your first junkshop
- How to sell recycled products
- How to dispose of your old appliances safely
- A guide in naming your recycle
- How to conserve electricity effectively
- How to make a homemade insecticide
- How to save more water on a daily basis
- How to efficiently clean body of waters
- How to lessen water pollution
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Environmental Content Ideas
- The most common traits of an environmentalist
- The benefits of becoming an environmentalist
- Various DIY projects that you can make out of trash
- The different materials that you can recycle
- Different products that can harm the environment
- Top things that you do that hurts the environment
- Things that you can do to prevent global warming from worsening
- Examples of natural resources that are becoming extinct
- Best ways to avoid residual waste on the environment
- Different ways to study global warming
- Top environmental clubs that you can join
- Top environment-friendly businesses that you can open this year
- Best examples of ways to reduce air pollution
- List of famous environmentalists all over the world
- Amazing ways to have a sustainable environment
- All about toilet papers
- Strategies to make your home eco-friendly
- What to expect when the world is completely carbon-free
- Ways to reduce carbon emission in the environment
- Best books to read about global warming
- What's ethical and not when it comes to the environment
- Ways that you can do to teach about environmental advocacy
- Best environmental shows that you must watch
- Top books that you should read about climate change
- Different types of pollution
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Environmental Blog Post Topic Ideas
- What happens if the ozone layer is damaged
- What is the primary task of an environmentalist
- How can you consider a material to be recyclable
- How much space do you need to collect recyclable materials
- What is Earth day
- Why electric cars are better than petroleum cars
- Why insect sprays are harmful to the ozone layer
- What is global warming
- How climate change has affected the world
- When did global warming start
- Why burning of plastics is illegal
- What is climate change
- Why paper products are a good substitute for plastic ones
- The latest updates about climate change
- Why green living is essential in today's world
- What is environmental protection agencies
- Electric vehicles vs petroleum vehicles
- Are electric water heaters good for the environment
- Why we must support the paper industry
- What is a go-green vacation
- How environmental agencies take action
- Why human population has a huge effect on pollution
- The connection between climate change and diseases
- LPG use vs electric cookers
- What is climate change
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.