Looking to write a new dental blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Dental blog post topics to write about
- Dental blogging ideas
- Other dental content ideas
- Real-world examples of dental blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right dental blog ideas.
Dental Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular dental blog post categories and topics to write about:
- False teeth
- Dental braces
- Dental care
- History of dentistry
- Dentistry profession
- Dental clinic business
- Tooth extraction
- Other dental services
- Teeth and gum problems
- Why Checkups Are Essential
- Contouring and Reshaping Teeth
- 5 Tips for Teaching Kids to Brush
- Foods That Brighten Tooth Enamel
- What Are Dental X-Rays
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Dental Blog Post Ideas
- How to find the best dental clinic for your needs
- How to conquer your fear when visiting a dentist
- How to eat comfortably even if you have dental braces
- How to get a good deal of braces under $1000
- Step-by-step guide on preventing tooth decay
- How to take good care of your teeth naturally
- How to spot good dental products in the supermarket
- How to repair broken false teeth at home
- How to make your teeth stronger naturally
- How to remove plaque on your teeth without tooth extraction
- How to whiten your teeth in 7 days
- How to practice good mouth hygiene outdoors
- How to avoid halitosis effectively
- The guide on how to become an efficient dentist
- How to run a profitable dental supplies shop
- How to make your teeth whiter in 7 days
- How to perform a dental cleaning procedure
- How to know if your wisdom tooth needs extraction already
- How smiling can affect your overall wellness
- How to brush your teeth properly
- How to floss your teeth efficiently
- How to maintain your toothbrush properly
- How to recover quickly from a root canal procedure
- How many times in a year should you visit a dentist
- How to save a damaged tooth
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Dental Content Ideas
- Fluoride facts and myths
- Questions that you can ask your dentist
- Foods that can worsen your gum health
- Facts about baby teeth
- The different types of crowns
- What is Invisalign and its benefits
- Things that you need to know about your tongue
- Top advantages of wearing a mouthguard when playing sports
- Top foods for the best oral health
- The pros and cons of dental braces
- Newest dental cosmetic treatments
- The different equipment that you can find in a dental clinic
- Things to do to get rid of bad breath
- Things to do to prevent dental anxiety
- Top things to avoid to prevent discoloration of teeth
- The causes of teeth sensitivity and how to avoid it
- The benefits of dental implants
- The benefits of dental braces
- The best natural remedies for toothaches
- List of the best kinds of toothpaste under $10
- List of the foods to eat to strengthen teeth
- Unusual facts about tooth decay
- List of habits that will make your teeth whiter
- Reasons why you should visit the dentist frequently
- Types of dental braces
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Dental Blog Post Topic Ideas
- How long can you delay tooth extraction
- New technologies in dentistry
- History of dental braces
- The things you must know about dental implants
- Dentist vs orthodontics
- Why using mouthwash is essential
- Dos and don'ts when a dental emergency happens
- The effects of cigarettes on your teeth
- Why wisdom tooth extraction is important
- What subjects do you have to take to become a dentist
- Relevance of smiling to dental health
- Retainers vs dental braces
- The usual requirements in getting dental braces
- Does water play a major role in dental health
- How frequent you should change your toothbrush
- What is sedation dentistry
- How often should a person brush their teeth according to age
- Pregnancy and dental care
- Fighting your sweet foods cravings
- Why brushing your tongue is important
- Things to remember when having an appointment with a new dentist
- Invisalign vs conventional dental braces
- What is a root canal procedure
- The role of an oral surgeon in dentistry
- What are dental x-rays
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.