Looking to write a new van life blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Van life blog post topics to write about
- Van life blogging ideas
- Other van life content ideas
- Real-world examples of van life blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right van life blog ideas.
Van Life Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular van life blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Van life trends
- Van maintenance
- Basics about van life
- Van life origins
- Van and equipment brands
- Van travel & lifestyle tips
- Van life essentials
- What to look for in a Van
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Van Life Blog Post Ideas
- How to start a van life
- How to overcome problems in van life
- How to save up budget for van life
- How to find a good van where you can live
- How to customize a van
- How to design your van
- How to make your van more spacious
- How to maintain a daily driven van
- How to stockpile foods on your van
- How to clean your van efficiently
- How to save up money to buy a van
- How to inspect a used van
- How to sleep comfortably in a van
- How to find a good place to park
- How to live a healthy van life
- How to convince your friends to start a van life
- How to fix common problems in a van
- How to fit more things on your van
- How to name your van
- How to check if your van has problems
- How to put cool lights on your van
- How to avoid fogging on the windows of your van
- How to start a van life business
- How to avoid having problems on the road
- How to make a great schedule for your van life
- How to stay safe in your van life
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Van Life Content Ideas
- Things to pack for your van life
- List of foods to eat for your van life
- List of places to avoid when traveling
- Ways to stay safe during your journey
- Strategies to budget your money efficiently while traveling
- Gadgets to bring for your van life
- Ways to become more efficient when traveling
- Tips to avoid van life boredom
- Tips to get busy on your van life
- Different van life recipes
- Tips in maintaining the cleanliness of your van
- Strategies to travel safely using your van
- Tips to conquer your doubts on your van life
- List of van life vloggers to follow
- List of van life quotes for inspiration
- Different drinks to enjoy on your van life
- Things that you should not do in your van life
- Factors that affect a van's condition
- What to look for when buying a van
- Factors to consider in customizing a camper van
- Reasons why you should consider van life while you're still young
- Different appliances for your van
- Top fuel-efficient vans
- Side-hustles that you can do on a van life
- DIY van life interior projects
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Van Life Blog Post Topic Ideas
- How much will it cost to customize a van
- How much is the needed budget for a van life
- How did van life start
- Why van life is getting popular nowadays
- When to stop van life
- Is it worth it to enter a van life
- How van life can affect your social skills
- Why van life is risky
- What vans are perfect for van life lifestyle
- Used vans vs brand new vans
- Are there any benefits of living a van life
- Can you get rich by having a van lifestyle
- Why you should be vigilant if you are living in a van
- Diesel vans vs petroleum vans
- What car battery is perfect for a van life
- How to keep your van happy
- Your bucket list when starting a van life
- A diary of a van lifestyle
- Things to remember when starting a van life blog
- What are the current trends in van life
- How big is the van required for a van life
- What are the common things to do in a van
- Van life facts
- Van life myths debunked
- When to stop your van life journey
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.