Constant Contact is an email marketing platform and CRM built for small businesses.
They have great features if you run events, and their deliverability is very good.
Best for: small businesses.
Stay on top of your business, in Gmail.
Track everything, right in the Gmail thread. No more leaving Gmail every time to update your CRM.
Automate your follow ups.
Use advanced mail merge features and automated follow ups features to get more responses.
Lightning fast canned responses.
Typing the same emails over and over? Use a keyboard shortcut to access all your templates.
Still not convinced?
- Mail merge
- Email tracking
- One click Google docs generation
- Email reminders
- Google Docs to Markdown export
- Free forever plan (most features)
MailChimp is the gigantic elephant-in-the-room leader in the email space.
They are a great tool if you are just getting started with email marketing as they have a pretty generous freemium plan.
MailChimp has a couple really good things going for them:
- Very good reporting for a free tool
- One of the best drag and drop editors - makes it very easy to send newsletter.
MailChimp falls short in its pricing model because your costs will skyrocket as your list grows, and the automation features are limited.
This tool is best for: small businesses or just getting started.
The free plan, up to 2000 subscribers - what you get
- Send up to 12,000 emails per month
- Up to 2,000 subscribers
- Email support included for 30 days
"Essentials" plan Plans start at $10 per month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers $50 per month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers $75 per month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers $150 per month
Standard plan Plans start at $15 per month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers $75 per month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers $99 per month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers $189 per month
MailerLite is a relatively new player in the email space, and they provide a very easy to use product and interface.
They have beautiful built-in email templates and they also have a "free for life" pricing option for up to 1,000 contacts.
Where they come short is in reporting, analytics and automation.
Who's this for? Small businesses and freelancers.
- 1,000 contacts $0/mo
- 2,500 $15/mo
- 5,000 $30/mo
- 10,000 $50/mo
- 15,000 $75/mo
Aweber has been around for a while.
They have some benefits over other tools such as rules to manage subscribers. They also have good support and documentation, which can be helpful if you're just starting out.
- 0-500 subscribers $19/mo
- 501-2,500 subscribers $29/mo
- 2,501-5000 subscribers $49/mo
- 5,001-10,000 subscribers $69/mo
- 10,001-25,000 subscribers $149/mo
Campaign Monitor is a bit less featured on the marketing automation side, but makes up for that in its price.
They have a nice drag and drop editor and some beautiful templates included.
- 1,000 contacts - $29/month
- 5,000 contacts - $59/month
- 10,000+ contacts - $149/month
- 1,000 contacts - $49/month
- 5,000 contacts - $99/month
- 10,000+ contacts - $149/month
- 1,000 contacts - $89/month
- 5,000 contacts - $149/month
- 10,000+ contacts - $249/month
An email marketing platform built on top of Amazon SES.
Because of Amazon SES, EmailOctopus is significantly cheaper than the competition.
If you have a really big list, this may be a great option.
- 2,000 subscribers - $20/month
- 10,000 subscribers - $30/month
- 25,000 subscribers - $65/month
A tool to build, curate, and send newsletters to your audience.
Unlike most email marketing services, Revue helps you find great and interesting content to put in your newsletters that your readers will love.
- Free up to 50 subscribers
- Up to 2,000 subscribers - $10/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers - $30/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers - $45/month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers - $75/month
Simple email marketing platform best for small businesses.
Unlimited sending and all of the features you'd expect, although it's pretty expensive.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers - $36/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers - $59/month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers - $169/month
- Up to 1,000 subscribers - $64/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers - $104/month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers - $298/month
A simple email marketing service that allows you to send email emails and SMS campaigns.
- Up to 1,000 contacts $17/month
- Up to 5,000 contacts $34/month
- Up to 10,000 contacts $51/month
- Up to 20,000 contacts $91/month
Sendy is an email platform that allows you to send newsletters for very cheap.
It's cheap because it's built on top of Amazon SES. It is a self-hosted app, so you install it on your own server. This may be complicated if you're just getting started out.
$59 one time fee and then just pay Amazon SES prices ($1 per 10k emails).
An email marketing platform that hooks into your Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce store.
- 1,000 contacts $33/month
- 5,000 contacts $53/month
- 10,000 contacts $78/month
- 20,000 contacts $128/month
- 1,000 contacts $105/month
- 5,000 contacts $135/month
- 10,000 contacts $172/month
- 20,000 contacts $248/month
Send newsletters as a teacher, school or non-profit.
Great for teachers to stay in touch with their students.
starts at $25/month.
A simple email marketing platform and easy to get started.
It is also very affordable.
- Up to 1,000 contacts - $10/month
- Up to 5,000 contacts - $36/month
- Up to 10,000 contacts - $56/month
- Up to 20,000 contacts - $95/month
Email marketing platform with landing pages.
- Basic plan $11/month
- Pro plan $16/month
- Pro+ plan $196/month
Moosend is a great platform for sending email newsletters, and their marketing automation features are starting to really shape up.
It has a great set of features for its price.
This is great for business owners that want something affordable.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers - Free!
- Up to 5,000 subscribers - $30/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers - $55/month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers - $125/month
RedCappi is an affordable, easy to use solution best for small to mid-size companies.
It has a very good drag and drop email editor, and has a free plan up to 100 contacts:
- Up to 1,000 subscribers - $10/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers - $34/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers - $54/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers - $99/month
Reachmail is a solid service that is very focused on deliverability.
Reachmail is good for all types of businesses. They offer a few different services such as marketing emails, transactional emails, and more.
for their marketing offering
- Up to 5,000 contacts - Free!
- Up to 10,000 contacts - $40/month
- Up to 25,000 contacts - $70/month
Benchmark is known for its simplicity.
It has a very easy to use editor and some decent automation features.
If you're looking for something simple and easy, Benchmark is a good tool.
- Free plan - Unlimited subscribers and 250 emails/month
- 0 - 600 subscribers - $14
- 601 - 1,000 subscribers - $22
- 1,001 - 5,000 subscribers - $52
- 5,001 - 10,000 subscribers - $80
- 10,001 - 20,000 subscribers - $130
An email marketing platform with simple pricing.
They also allow you to send unlimited emails.
- Up to 1,000 contacts $15/month
- Up to 5,000 contacts $40/month
- Up to 10,000 contacts $60/month
- Up to 20,000 contacts $104/month
A video email marketing platform.
Send marketing emails that include videos - which will stand out in people's inboxes.
- Lite plan $30/month
- Plus plan $588/month
An email marketing platform with really nice pre-built templates.
They also have some marketing automation features like dynamic content for more personalized emails, and A/B testing.
Their pricing is not clear for anything other than 10k contacts, but their starting plan is $89/month.
Generate quality content for your newsletter that your readers will love.
- Basic - $19/month
- Pro - $39/momth
Enterprise-level and on-premise email marketing solutions.
If you have a massive list or complicated needs, it may be worth looking into this solution.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers $14/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers $39/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers $59/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers $145/month
Email marketing platform for enterprise-level needs.
Best for businesses who have a massive list and/or have outgrown their current email marketing providers.
- Up to 5,000 contacts $49/mo
- Up to 10,000 contacts $74/mo
- Up to 25,000 contacts $150/mo
An email marketing platform focused on design.
They provide really nice looking templates, and it is pretty affordable compared to MailChimp.
- Up to 1,000 contacts $12/month
- Up to 5,000 contacts $39/month
- Up to 25,000 contacts $119/month
Omnichannel marketing platform that allows you to send email, SMS, voice, and WhatsApp messages to your contacts.
- Lite plan - $21/month
- Starter plan - $149/month