Scott Tarcy


This article is a part of our encyclopedia, and is editable by you. Edit ➜


Scott Tarcy is an American entrepreneur. Scott started caddesignhelp.com in 2015.[1]

Scott Tarcy, founder of caddesignhelp.comScott Tarcy, founder of caddesignhelp.com

Company

caddesignhelp.com

Career

Early Career

No early career info added yet...

caddesignhelp.com

Scott started caddesignhelp.com in 2015. They detail the beginnings of their company in their Starter Story interview: [1]

Q: How did you get started on caddesignhelp.com?

Before I started my business, I went to college for mechanical engineering. I then worked a few corporate jobs as a design engineer. But in these jobs, I spent maybe 10% of my time actually doing design work. The other 90% was meetings and paperwork, which I hated. On top of that, I was required to be at my job 8-5, Monday through Friday. I had little control over my schedule.

> I worked this as a side hustle for about 6 months before quitting my full-time job and doing this full time. That was probably the hardest I ever worked in my life.

After 10 years of this, I was pretty depressed. I had a good salary but the lack of control of my life and freedom was taking a toll. I would have gladly traded less money for more time and freedom.

I read The 4-Hour Workweek and The $100 Startup and those 2 books gave me some ideas on how I could start a business to eventually be my own boss.

When I finally took the first step, I didn’t have any hopes of achieving what I have achieved today. It seemed impossible to replace my full-time salary. I started the business as a side hustle.

The 2 books I mentioned talked about taking a skill you are good at and enjoy (in my case, 3D design and product design) and using that to create a business.

I found my first clients by going to some in-person networking events. I launched my website before this but never got any traffic or clients.

I worked this as a side hustle for about 6 months before quitting my full-time job and doing this full time. That was probably the hardest I ever worked in my life and I knew after 6 months one of the 2 had to go (cad design or my full-time job). It was a pretty easy decision, the cad design business was way more enjoyable.

Source [1]

References