When selling your product on Etsy, there are certain fees that you incur.
It's important to factor in all fees associated with selling your product on Etsy to ensure profitability.
Just plug in your costs below to determine the fees and profit margins:
How do fees work on Etsy?
There are three basic selling fees:
- Listing fee
- Transaction fee
- Payment processing fee
What fees does Etsy charge?
It costs $0.20 to publish a listing to the marketplace. A listing lasts for four months or until the item is sold.
Once an item sells, there is a 5% transaction fee on the sale price (including shipping price).
If you accept payments through Etsy, there is also a 3% + $0.25 payment processing fee when an item is sold.
Do Etsy fees vary depending on the country?
Listing fees are billed for $0.20 USD, so if your bank's currency is not USD, the amount may differ based on your country and the exchange rate. The payment processing fee may also vary by bank country.
Are there alternatives to using Etsy as a marketplace?
Yes, here are a few different alternatives to consider for your craft goods:
Shopify is one of the #1 leading platforms for e-commerce businesses.
Here are some of the main reasons most e-commerce businesses are using Shopify:
- Geared towards supporting store owners. Provides a simple way to launch and manage your online store
- Customer support is off the charts (live chat)
- Easy to use - You don't have to worry about the technical side
- The design is clean and mobile-friendly. There are also hundreds of templates you can use.
- Easy integrations and additional channels (ie. Amazon, email marketing integrations, Facebook, etc).
- Basic Shopify: $29/month
- Shopify: $79/month
- Advanced Shopify: $299/month
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!